WBB: General All-NCAA Thread - Not Team Cyclones Stuff

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Not a regular listener to KXNO just Dan Patrick as the locals are mostly hok lovers. Was out this afternoon and it was on as I last listened to DP"S show and murph and andy were on and their poll question was about would you root for Iowa if you were not a regular Iowa fan. They thought you should root for them because they are from Iowa even if you were a Cyclone fan. I did not vote but it would have been hell no I will be cheering for SC.
I mean I can't imagine a circumstance where I'd cheer for Iowa in anything, but I'm not going to cheer for SC either but that's probably because I don't really care about women's basketball that much. If it were football I'm definitely cheering against the hawks.

Reactions: fsanford

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Not a regular listener to KXNO just Dan Patrick as the locals are mostly hok lovers. Was out this afternoon and it was on as I last listened to DP"S show and murph and andy were on and their poll question was about would you root for Iowa if you were not a regular Iowa fan. They thought you should root for them because they are from Iowa even if you were a Cyclone fan. I did not vote but it would have been hell no I will be cheering for SC.
I wonder why they felt the need to ask that and I doubt it would have been asked if the situation was reversed

• Agree
Reactions: WartburgClone

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
I mean I can't imagine a circumstance where I'd cheer for Iowa in anything, but I'm not going to cheer for SC either but that's probably because I don't really care about women's basketball that much. If it were football I'm definitely cheering against the hawks.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Stanford was the 4th overall seed and top seed in the Regional Iowa was in.

So Iowa was the 5th overall seed….

Had results played to seeding then the winner of the 4th/5th overall seed game would play the overall top seed in the final four match ups.

So it makes sense based on the overall seedlings.

What didn’t make sense was having Stanford get upset.

Hope this helps.

I think they were, so they got the lowest-rated #1 seed (Stanford) in their region, who got sided with the highest-rated #1 seed (SC) for the Final Four.
Thanks. Makes perfect sense. Don't know what I was thinking.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway

(More teams losing in the tournament, a few more players entering the transfer portal.)
From the Terps message board;

"Couldn't crack the Terps rotation. There are far reaching ramifications for this transfer. First, her sister Amiyah who committed to the Terps will most likely ask for her release from her scholarship. Second and even more important, her stud sister Kira Reynolds (class of 2025) won't be going to Maryland now. She averaged a double-double and also averaged close to 6 blocks per game".

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

(More teams losing in the tournament, a few more players entering the transfer portal.)
From the Terps message board;

"Couldn't crack the Terps rotation. There are far reaching ramifications for this transfer. First, her sister Amiyah who committed to the Terps will most likely ask for her release from her scholarship. Second and even more important, her stud sister Kira Reynolds (class of 2025) won't be going to Maryland now. She averaged a double-double and also averaged close to 6 blocks per game".

Some school might get a "Joens" deal out of this with the elder being the not as good player to entice the younger star sisters. Or they could be smart and just all go their own way. Maybe little sis will bail and stay at home and go to Indiana or Notre Dame.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Two ISU opponents in the WNIT semifinal games tonight, namely Columbia (at Bowling Green) and KU (vs Washington). Something to watch while in mourning over the ISU women’s demise.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Two ISU opponents in the WNIT semifinal games tonight, namely Columbia (at Bowling Green) and KU (vs Washington). Something to watch while in mourning over the ISU women’s demise.

Hard pass on that. I like WBB but not enough to watch any NIT game unless ISU or Minnesota were playing.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway

This gal & Lexi were both mentioned as being followed by Tennessee coaches on social media..

Some rumors out there about "poaching" & Tennessee??? Supposedly a Belmont assistant coach said that a team was actively recruiting players off of his roster (& the player wasn't in the portal). At the time...the team was one of those in the Sweet 16.

Reading their boards, it sounds like the Vols were also trying to "push out " players. I'm sure this stuff happens all over, but with NIL, extra covid year & not having to sit out a year, this seems to be out of control!

Maybe Fritz will go to Belmont now that there is an opening. I think she committed there prior to ISU. Don't think she would see as much playing time at Tennessee if she is even interested...

Last edited: