I like Surly

I like Surly and generally am a fan of affable, reasonable fans from rival schools

• I agree and appreciate kind interactions with opposing fans

Votes: 136 64.8%
  • I don't need to see or hear what any of our rivals think

Votes: 33 15.7%
  • I'm good with generally violent behavior towards hawkeyes

Votes: 41 19.5%

• Total voters

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Can you point to the jack ass posts?
Is this more historic?

Sure Surly's persistent and a KSU homer but I've seen nothing out of line warranting vitriol.
The constant kstate threads on an ISU forum come to mind, but I will give you that he doesn't act like a turd. Kind of like a nice person at a party who only talks about one thing that noone else at the party cares about. Tone deaf, maybe? Also the weird font thing. Like at some point you go... Why are you still here? Its obvious they are an outsider, and it's obvious they want to be seen as an outsider.... So why?

Its like they are on a mission trip to a foreign forum to convert cyclone fans to purple kitty fans.

Reactions: davegilbertson

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
You do realize, every time you reply, it moves back to the front page, right???? o_O
I'm well aware. It was already at the top like it is now. I know CF well enough to know this stupid thread will continue to pop up at the top for a few more days at least.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 0u812

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
R.92d78ac0999aec83f9af94bc345c93ac

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
The constant kstate threads on an ISU forum come to mind, but I will give you that he doesn't act like a turd. Kind of like a nice person at a party who only talks about one thing that noone else at the party cares about. Tone deaf, maybe? Also the weird font thing. Like at some point you go... Why are you still here? Its obvious they are an outsider, and it's obvious they want to be seen as an outsider.... So why?

Its like they are on a mission trip to a foreign forum to convert cyclone fans to purple kitty fans.
This. To me this is so asinine that it becomes entertaining or like the guy on the corner talking to the clouds. It's there, consistent and becomes a part of the community.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Ah, yes, the attention of my Cyclone brethren has yet again shifted to me, your ole comrade Surly. While I am flattered by your dialogue, I must say I cannot be bothered at the moment. I am watching the best rookie signal caller in the last decade to sling the pigskin, Skylar Thompson. I’m certain you will ponder why I would chose him over your quaint little Purdy but if we are being honest, any argument placing Purdy over Skylar lacks fortitude and is simply fiddle faddle. Purdy is a great story but a true command of the offense can only be seen in on marvelous man, Thompson. Signing off for now, I must calm myself after the Dolphins game with a nice bingeing of Melrose Place. Tah-tah!!!

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
As a whole, you guys are extremely welcoming to this "they". Their threads are largely amicable and low in drama despite being started by a purple gato.

I've always had a disdain for this poster, but I can't exactly put a finger on why that is. I think part of it is not understanding how you have so much free time that you can be a regular poster on multiple B12 message boards. To that point, I haven't verified for myself but, I have heard that Surly doesn't exactly speak highly or even positively about ISU on other B12 boards. If that's BS I apologize, as I can't corroborate it myself. But if it's true this joker needs to GTFO, you don't do that to a group thats shown you way more hospitality than you deserve.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
As a whole, you guys are extremely welcoming to this "they". Their threads are largely amicable and low in drama despite being started by a purple gato.

I've always had a disdain for this poster, but I can't exactly put a finger on why that is. I think part of it is not understanding how you have so much free time that you can be a regular poster on multiple B12 message boards. To that point, I haven't verified for myself but, I have heard that Surly doesn't exactly speak highly or even positively about ISU on other B12 boards. If that's BS I apologize, as I can't corroborate it myself. But if it's true this joker needs to GTFO, you don't do that to a group thats shown you way more hospitality than you deserve.
I would like to see one post anywhere by me that was negative to ISU, here or elsewhere, that somehow paints the Cyclones in a way that's not factual. This whole matter is silly boy talk. The mods have my email and know my gender. So, let's put a bow on that, please. This thread should be closed.

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: Rogue52 and NWICY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I get tired of the lies about me demeaning ISU. I have never done that. I thought girls were the ones who gossiped incessantly. Obviously not. As they say in Missouri: show me?
Is that poster tmcats a doosh?

• Winner
Reactions: CloneLawman

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I would like to see one post anywhere by me that was negative to ISU, here or elsewhere, that somehow paints the Cyclones in a way that's not factual. This whole matter is silly boy talk. The mods have my email and know my gender. So, let's put a bow on that, please. This thread should be closed.
Mods--that is agreeable with virtually everyone, I'll warrant.

• Winner
Reactions: surly

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I get tired of the lies about me demeaning ISU. I have never done that. I thought girls were the ones who gossiped incessantly. Obviously not. As they say in Missouri: show me?

Add to the above horsepuckey Surly logging into CF following the ISU-KSU game in 2017 (you recall the one where pass interference flags kept getting picked up ) to mock ISU and report how cocky ISU fans were.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Maybe search old posts/other sites for posts from both of them.
I've had Gonzo on ignore for quite a while.
You have Gonzo on ignore? I think he's pretty reasonable, humorous and he likes bourbon. That's 3 plusses to me. I guess we are all allowed different opinions.