I like Surly

I like Surly and generally am a fan of affable, reasonable fans from rival schools

• I agree and appreciate kind interactions with opposing fans

Votes: 136 64.8%
  • I don't need to see or hear what any of our rivals think

Votes: 33 15.7%
  • I'm good with generally violent behavior towards hawkeyes

Votes: 41 19.5%

• Total voters

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
I like my Surly…Crosscheck.

Go out and have a look around the internet and find that guy and see what he’s like in other places.
I did ride a Surly back in the day oddly enough. Perhaps thats why I have a soft spot.

You saying Surly isn't so affable elsewhere though?

• Dumb
Reactions: CloneLawman

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
You seem to be a poor judge of what is and is not a good opinion. See: this thread.
Let me expound, and only getting personal ad it seemed like you made a veiled dig at me.

I'm truly not surprised by your reaction, your assessment of me and/or Surly.

You seem to lack any imagination, moral, philosophical or creative. From what I've observed this results in you being very rigid with putting ppl into "holes/buckets/labels" and anything that can be perceived in a manner that fits your perception, it is so!

This creates a very limited space for dialogue or competing thiughts, resulting in a copious amount of "dumb" reactions.

Perhaps you have an opinion of me based upon some other exchange. From what ive observed, if this is so, would make you incapable of considering what I'm saying to have any value, real or potential.

I also see very little sense of humor from you and generally place yourself in the seat of authority with little backing to justify doing so other than the sense that there may be more ppl on "your side" of a matter.

You will likely dumb this post, offer little value in response. I hope you don't.

But ask yourself. You clicked on this thread in Big12 conference. Saw the title. May or May not have voted, but chose to not engage with the substance but rather make a personal dig. Either at me and/or Surly.

I don't find that affable or enjoyable. I don't like that.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Let me expound, and only getting personal ad it seemed like you made a veiled dig at me.

I'm truly not surprised by your reaction, your assessment of me and/or Surly.

You seem to lack any imagination, moral, philosophical or creative. From what I've observed this results in you being very rigid with putting ppl into "holes/buckets/labels" and anything that can be perceived in a manner that fits your perception, it is so!

This creates a very limited space for dialogue or competing thiughts, resulting in a copious amount of "dumb" reactions.

Perhaps you have an opinion of me based upon some other exchange. From what ive observed, if this is so, would make you incapable of considering what I'm saying to have any value, real or potential.

I also see very little sense of humor from you and generally place yourself in the seat of authority with little backing to justify doing so other than the sense that there may be more ppl on "your side" of a matter.

You will likely dumb this post, offer little value in response. I hope you don't.

But ask yourself. You clicked on this thread in Big12 conference. Saw the title. May or May not have voted, but chose to not engage with the substance but rather make a personal dig. Either at me and/or Surly.

I don't find that affable or enjoyable. I don't like that.

This manifesto because I posted a negative opinion of Surly's behavior on this board. Yikes.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron