Attendance for KU

Hassel13

Jan 12, 2009
West Des Moines
Any guesses? It'd be nice to finally see a PACKED gym in Iowa this year. All four schools are struggling this season. Iowa just posted 10,239 for the Wisconsin game. :confused:

I gotta think that with a raucous crowd, the Cyclones have a real shot in this one. Like most young teams, ISU is a completely different team at home.

Hassel13

Jan 12, 2009
West Des Moines
Hopefully not, but at least we don't have to give free tickets to friends for mens basketball.:biglaugh:

It's a great idea. The U of I needs to do things like this to get fans back into the knitting factory. As you saw tonight, the student section still wasn't anywhere near being full.

Attendance is down all over the country and in places where the BB program is dormant (Iowa City), athletic departments need to be creative...AND giving.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
It's a great idea. The U of I needs to do things like this to get fans back into the knitting factory. As you saw tonight, the student section still wasn't anywhere near being full. .

Not true, I don't watch Iowa too much, usually only one or two games a year. :wink:I was actually attending the ISU vs. Mizzou game tonight. Yeah it is a good idea, ISU actually passed out a voucher thing to students that were at the womens game tonight to bring a friend or use for a free ticket to a womens game.

cycloneryan

May 21, 2006
Des Moines
I will be making my first trip to Hilton this year on Saturday and I would love to see it packed. When I was in school about 5 years ago we waited outside of Hilton for an hour or so before it opened then sprinted to the front row, one season we had every home game in the front row. Do you college kids still do that? I loved it.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
When I was in school about 5 years ago we waited outside of Hilton for an hour or so before it opened then sprinted to the front row, one season we had every home game in the front row. Do you college kids still do that? I loved it.

Been there, still do that.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Last year the tickets sold was 13624, I highly doubt it's more than that.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
There will be a minimum of 2 people (maybe as many as 4) dressed in KU garb sitting in the courtside seats.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
I read on a KU board that theres a couple buses of KU fans coming down from Minnesota for the game.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I was just on a Kansas board and its funny how they think all we do is Boo. I mean what hope crowd doesn't boo?