Attendance for KU

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The bigger question is will HB be in attendance and which bench will he be behind? Looking for a sellout. If you don't go because of weather, you are not a fan, just a pansie!!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The bigger question is will HB be in attendance and which bench will he be behind? Looking for a sellout. If you don't go because of weather, you are not a fan, just a pansie!!

I don't think HB will sit behind either bench, it would cause a little more drama than I think he's interested in. He's had a rather drama free recruitment so far and I don't think it's by accident.

PS my great grandma Pansy would be upset at your misspelling her name. :wink:

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
I have watched plenty of KU home games on the tele, and they boo when any little thing doesn't go their way... just like most fan bases at home games.

They just have a sweet spot for us and hold us in such high regard. :yes:

KU fans will always say they don't care about ISU and they think ISU can never play with KU, but they really hate ISU. They always down play the ISU/KU game but they hate the fact that out of KU 7 home loses to 12 teams since the big 12 has started 3 are to ISU (should be 4). KU fans are so easy to get frustrated because too many of them don't know anything about the history of KU.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
KU fans will always say they don't care about ISU and they think ISU can never play with KU, but they really hate ISU. They always down play the ISU/KU game but they hate the fact that out of KU 7 home loses to 12 teams since the big 12 has started 3 are to ISU (should be 4). KU fans are so easy to get frustrated because too many of them don't know anything about the history of KU.
Some do, some don't. On a couple message boards, a lot of the posters know how hard it is to win in Ames and to not take this game for granted. Whether KU is really good or we are really bad, they know we play them close in Hilton.

A couple quotes from their fans:
"I believe we will have a tough time in Ames. It has caused us many headaches in the past. Don't start getting too confident. I would not be surprised to see Iowa State upset us. Hope not."

"Remember that they took us to overtime in Ames 2 years ago and they played us tough last year. It will be tough, but I think they will win tomorrow in Ames."

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Some do, some don't. On a couple message boards, a lot of the posters know how hard it is to win in Ames and to not take this game for granted. Whether KU is really good or we are really bad, they know we play them close in Hilton.

A couple quotes from their fans:
"I believe we will have a tough time in Ames. It has caused us many headaches in the past. Don't start getting too confident. I would not be surprised to see Iowa State upset us. Hope not."

"Remember that they took us to overtime in Ames 2 years ago and they played us tough last year. It will be tough, but I think they will win tomorrow in Ames."

You forgot this one

"This myth that Ames is a really tough place to play is one that keeps coming up and won't die. When they were good, it was tough. In the Big XII era we are 8-4 in Hilton. It was tough to play at ISU becasuse for a while they had good players. Hilton is not really anything special other than when KU comes up there the farm kids get all hyped up on Corn Syrup and boo extra loud."

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
You forgot this one

"This myth that Ames is a really tough place to play is one that keeps coming up and won't die. When they were good, it was tough. In the Big XII era we are 8-4 in Hilton. It was tough to play at ISU becasuse for a while they had good players. Hilton is not really anything special other than when KU comes up there the farm kids get all hyped up on Corn Syrup and boo extra loud."
Thats why I said, some do and some don't.
And thats why I really hope we beat them... quotes like that, so we can prove them wrong, and prove my previous quoters, right. :yes:

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
yeaa last year when we played kansas it was also on a weeknight, its on a saturday afternoon on ESPN its going to be like 14k i bet with some gayhawks sprinkled throughout

Bird

Nov 17, 2007
Kansas City, MO

I don't think any KU fan (including myself) thinks ISU can't play with us, but I also don't think any KU fan "really hate(s) ISU". I think Hilton and Gallagher-Iba (sp?) are the 2 toughest places KU consistently has to play (and that includes at MU), because of the fans. Honestly, and don't blow a gasket, no KU fan knows that "of KU 7 home loses (sic) to 12 teams since the big 12 has started 3 are to ISU". Tomorrow will be tough, we know that, it's never easy in Hilton.

Rudy Katoot

Jul 11, 2006
Hilton Magic Returns Today!

This is a huge day for you! Yes, you! Get up and get to Ames!

I saw an interview with a successful East coast basketball coach. When asked about the toughest places to play in the U.S. he immediately said Hilton in Ames, Iowa. It turns out that he was a former K.U. assistant. His experience at Hilton was several years ago and yet Hilton immediately came to mind instead of his current competition.

I understand that this is a big recruiting weekend with many in attendance. Recruits consistently say that enthusiastic fans are a big part of their signing decisions. So your attendance and support impacts both basketball and football.

Now is the time, it's up to you!:yes:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Its Official:biglaugh:...........not really........13,500!!!!!!!!!Make it rock boys & girls......

Send rock chalk jayhawk back with a lump of coal and a loss in the standings.....

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
30 minutes to tipoff and Cyclone Alley is almost full. The rest of the arena isn't close, but it's definitely way ahead of schedule for normal games.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I couldn't make it today, but my seats are filled with Cyclone fans. I hope as many as possible show up.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Last year the tickets sold was 13624, I highly doubt it's more than that.

I know I'm quoting myself, but I was right - total, 13,170.

Average so far this year is still 12,183. KU was the 6th highest attended game of the season behind the first three, DU, and OSU. Last year we averaged 12489, so we have a little bit to make up to get back to where we were last season.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny

Average so far this year is still 12,183. KU was the 6th highest attended game of the season behind the first three, DU, and OSU. Last year we averaged 12489, so we have a little bit to make up to get back to where we were last season.

That is freaking awesome. For as pathetic as ISU basketball has been since the 2005 season, it was a great crowd and nearly full. Only a few hundred more tickets and it was a complete sell out.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX

I'm just going to throw this out there... but there were more butts in the seats than we've seen all season in Hilton against anyone. And it's not even close.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm just going to throw this out there... but there were more butts in the seats than we've seen all season in Hilton against anyone. And it's not even close.

That was obvious.

There were people sitting all around me that I hadn't seen all year, and I know they have to be season ticket holders because I have season tickets and I requested to be moved to the best available. Honestly ISU's problem isn't selling tickets, it's getting the people that have them to use them.