Wayne Morgan

Todd Blythe

Sep 24, 2006
kinda weird..but Wayne Morgan was giving an MLK speech today at Perry High School. Isnt he selling insurance nowadays?

Todd Blythe

Sep 24, 2006
I thought it was nice to get someone in the school that people would listen to cuz they know who he is and talk about MLK. props to wayne

chengyushen

Apr 7, 2006
Why is he selling TV? I am sure he can find another assistant coaching job and get better pay, right?

He is a great guy

Reactions: Wesley

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Why is he selling TV? I am sure he can find another assistant coaching job and get better pay, right?

He is a great guy

There are a lot of top-tier programs that would love to have Wayne as an assistant. He is a proven recruiter, and if he decided he really wanted to...he would have no problem landing a job as an assistant...

ChickenWing

Dec 22, 2008
Des Moines
There are a lot of top-tier programs that would love to have Wayne as an assistant. He is a proven recruiter, and if he decided he really wanted to...he would have no problem landing a job as an assistant...

I sat next to him on a plane last year and this is what I recall:

1. Super nice guy and much more personable than ever came out during the show with John Walters
2. He really likes Ames and really likes having his family in Ames
3. He was doing color commentary for Big 10 network
4. Seemed like he was a part owner of the direct tv business
5. Pissed about the D1 Scheduling allegations. Sounds like the first thing every potential opportunity he talked to people about would bring this up. Pissed that such a big deal was made when it was brought up but then very little was said when he was cleared. He said it was all a bunch of crap but when he would try to explain to people he was cleared they are like ya right...then why were you let go by ISU. I would be pissed to, he didn't just lose his job, the fact they let him go under those circumstances screwed him over for future jobs. Apparently after he was cleared but still let go someone in administration apologized to him and said he was getting hosed.

I didn't think he was the best coach and not going to be a polarizing figure which we all like, but it sucks the way he was handled.

ICclone23

Nov 9, 2008
Iowa City
For one I think Wayne is doing quite well with his Dish company. I also think he has no desire to be an assistant anymore, as he has been there done that at a top notch program (Syracuse). I do know for a fact, however, that he inquired about a head coaching job at a small D I school in New York but they already had their guy.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I sat next to him on a plane last year and this is what I recall:

1. Super nice guy and much more personable than ever came out during the show with John Walters
2. He really likes Ames and really likes having his family in Ames
3. He was doing color commentary for Big 10 network
4. Seemed like he was a part owner of the direct tv business
5. Pissed about the D1 Scheduling allegations. Sounds like the first thing every potential opportunity he talked to people about would bring this up. Pissed that such a big deal was made when it was brought up but then very little was said when he was cleared. He said it was all a bunch of crap but when he would try to explain to people he was cleared they are like ya right...then why were you let go by ISU. I would be pissed to, he didn't just lose his job, the fact they let him go under those circumstances screwed him over for future jobs. Apparently after he was cleared but still let go someone in administration apologized to him and said he was getting hosed.

I didn't think he was the best coach and not going to be a polarizing figure which we all like, but it sucks the way he was handled.

Without starting a big debate...Gregg Doyel may say otherwise, but the whole D1 scheduling thing was not why Wayne was let go...I agree that didn't amount to anything-and if we did anything wrong, it was minimal. Whether people agree with it or not, Wayne was on a VERY thin rope before that article came out, and just the fact that Iowa State's name was associated with something bad was all the excuse Pollard needed at that point to get rid of him.

Last edited:

ChickenWing

Dec 22, 2008
Des Moines
Right, I didn't say that is why he was fired, in fact I believe he was cleared before they let him go...it's just most people didn't realize he was cleared and the fact he was fired at that time gave most people the impression he was fired for his involvement in that "scandal".

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I also found it funny that Gregg Doyel proclaimed his article as the reason Wayne was let go...despite there being no evidence what-so-ever that we did anything wrong in that article.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

Gregg Doyel may say otherwise, but the whole D1 scheduling thing was not why Wayne was let go...I agree that didn't amount to anything-and if we did anything wrong, it was minimal.

And that is why I feel that Gregg Doyle is the biggest ********* in a profession (sports journalism) that seems to be full of douchebags. That ***** tried to make his expose look like the freakin' equivalent of Watergate. The mere mention of Doyle's name makes my blood boil, and I discovered he was beaten within an inch of his life in a carjacking or something, I would not feel one ounce of sympathy, not one. He is scum, pure and simple.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron