KU Game Predictions

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Score Prediction

• Lose by 15+

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Lose by 8-14

Votes: 32 6.4%
  • Lose by 1-7

Votes: 79 15.9%
  • Win by 1-7

Votes: 120 24.1%
  • Win by 8-14

Votes: 212 42.7%
  • Win by 15+

Votes: 50 10.1%

• Total voters

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I do think that KU is a better team than Baylor. In my opinion the big thing that we are missing is a run threat from Dekkers. Our D seems to be pretty good but I agree that we can give up big plays easily especially in the passing game. This would be a huge win for us if we can pull it off.
You think KU is better than Baylor?

They still play so we will find out, but if they are better than Baylor they are likely in the Big 12 Championship Game, as Baylor is likely finishing 3rd at worst IMO. You calling that shot now for the Jayhawks in the title game?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I do think that KU is a better team than Baylor. In my opinion the big thing that we are missing is a run threat from Dekkers. Our D seems to be pretty good but I agree that we can give up big plays easily especially in the passing game. This would be a huge win for us if we can pull it off.
If you wanna crown em, then crown their ass!!

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Not sure on score yet but here's the concerns...

It’s really hard to say it about a KU team, but they may be the most competent and dynamic offense we play all year.

My biggest fear is that KU is going to give us something new – they can be incredibly successful throwing down field, but the QB scramble is just as effective. That has not been a friendly combination to us in the past. We have good run defense, but not against a mobile QB when we drop back into coverage.

It’s all going to come down to our offense keeping up with their offense (if it can). They could dink and dunk at will against us with our bend but don’t break defense. On the flip side, we’ve shown a tendency to blow coverage on the backside this year, we just haven’t faced a competent offense outside of Baylor that could take advantage of it.

Those explosive plays could put our offense in an unfriendly position when we’re so far turnover prone and inexperienced. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think we can wait to halftime to make defensive adjustments this time.
Totally agree.
Their QB scares me.
We never do well against a QB that can run and throw and improvise.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
One of our biggest insiders says 24-7 KU. No reason not to trust him.
Well...if this were to happen, apart from some crazy thing like 1/2 of the ISU team getting food poisoning, it would warrant that the AD visit the HC and instruct him to make immediate changes to the offensive coaching staff. No way should that happen to ISU by a team with a coach in his third year (one of those being the COVID year) of rebuilding a disaster program, particularly after ISU beat that team 59-7 the year before.. It would probably mean (among several other things) that the OL got totally dominated and that the QB is totally lost.

To me anyway, it seems like a total head-scratcher for an "insider" to make a prediction like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: IASTATE07

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Kansas and Liepold are an interesting story IMO...he has ties to Wisconsin (by birth) and to UNL (as an assistant) and is 58 years old. If KU ends up in the CCG does Wisconsin make a run at him while the sun sets on Crist? Do they hire Jim Leonhard? Does UNL make a run? Will they have hired someone by then? Based on his age, does Liepold get comfy in Lawrence?

Or is it all smoke and mirrors due to his creative offense that everyone will eventually catch up to?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It’s sad that we are worried about KU this far into CMC’s program even though we are sort of rebuilding this year.

If it was KU of last year at this time I'd agree but they're more like snippets of how they were late in the year except better.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
It’s sad that we are worried about KU this far into CMC’s program even though we are sort of rebuilding this year.
Yes, KU is vastly improved and probably far better than any team they've put on the field since Magino was run out of town. Yes, we lost a ton of all-time Cyclones with a wealth of experience off last year's team. I still don't see them as having caught up to or surpassed ISU. Switch out Iowa for Duke and Baylor for WV and I think we're sitting at a pretty good looking 4-0 as well.

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
scores in 20's - ISU wins by winning TOP battle
scores in 30's - Which team makes less mistakes. Coin flip.
scores in 40's - KU wins.

Reactions: StPaulCyclone

83cy

May 14, 2006
I'm tired of this notion that scrambling quarterbacks give our defense trouble, as if that's unique to us, and they don't give every team trouble.

It's true that our defense can struggles with QBs who can scramble. It's also true that EVERY defense struggles with QBs who can scramble. Fans make it out to be like we're the only team that has trouble with some of these guys.
Nate Stanley says hello! And to the guy that thinks KU is better than Baylor, lay off the sauce it's early yet.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Need to have a spy on quarterback like they did against baker mayfield second half in Oklahoma.
There’s no one on the second level we can use to spy him. It doesn’t do any good when they can’t beat him to the edge.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
You think KU is better than Baylor?

They still play so we will find out, but if they are better than Baylor they are likely in the Big 12 Championship Game, as Baylor is likely finishing 3rd at worst IMO. You calling that shot now for the Jayhawks in the title game?

I think that Baylor is overrated … just my opinion .

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
So the game is on ESPN2. Will someone who doesn’t have a cable subscription have access with ESPN+?