• Win by 15+

Votes: 50 10.1%

• Total voters

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
KU will move the ball around but if Dekkers can play a clean game we win by two scores, if we turn the ball over 2 or 3 times, I think they'll be able to score enough to win.

jdolson27

May 23, 2015
Agree but I worry we may not have someone athletic enough to contain him even if they're locked on. There is no Mike Rose, Marcell Spears or Willey Harvey to match the athleticism of a mobile QB. And if we drop the Star to spy, that's one less DB covering the deep shots
Add another db on certain plays take out a linebacker. Better not be clearing out the middle of the field and dropping them all back in coverage. If fat Stanley can get some yards Kansas qb definitely will.

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
CMC performance vs Kansas
2016: 31-24 ISU (at Kansas)
2017: 45-0 ISU (at ISU)
2018: 27-3 ISU (at Kansas)
2019: 41-31 ISU (at ISU)
2020: 52-22 ISU (at Kansas)
2021: 59-7 ISU (at ISU)

CMC ISU record coming off a loss
2017: 4-1 (losses in a row - at WVU(4); home vs OSU(7))
2018: 3-1 (losses in a row - at Iowa (10); home vs OU (10))
2019: 3-2 (losses in a row - home vs OSU (7); road vs OU(1); and road vs KSU(10) & ND(24))
2020: 3-0
2021: 3-1 (losses in a row - away at Tx Tech (3); away vs OU (7)).

So all of the 2nd losses above were to teams that had 10+ wins that season.

Last edited:

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
Haven't watched them, but doubt they have the dudes in their front 7 that baylor did. If we can run the ball like we have against the cupcakes or even iowa, we will keep the d rested and win.

Bold predictions :
We are +2 in turnovers (Freyler pick)
Cartevious Norton runs for a TD
8-14 pt win

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
mobile qbs scare the hell out of me and we will have trouble with him.

hopefully we can put pressure on him, though and pressure him into mistakes.

i think campbell has them ready to play and we cover the +3.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
KU lines are simply not as good as Baylor.
Baylor blew guys up quite a few times, for example the play where Brock scored a TD fumbling on at the 1, big number 62 from Baylor pushed Simmons back 5 yards, it was sad how good he was.
Another play, when Baylor had a TD, their center blew our guy back 6 yards.
That isnt happening this week, so I expect a much closer game.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Who knows?

I do know that almost everyone has overreacted about the loss to Baylor. You’d think we lost to Ohio with all freak outs.
right.

we lost to the pre-season big 12 champs.

and, for the most part, they outplayed us and were the better team.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
What is ISU's OL going to do? Will they be able to open holes for the run game, and will they be able to give consistent protection to Dekkers? If the OL can do this, so that ISU can control the game flow, and ISU can eliminate TOs, I think it will be a good day for ISU.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
right.

we lost to the pre-season big 12 champs.

and, for the most part, they outplayed us and were the better team.

And we are a young team who is still learning. And the officiating didn’t help.

It just seems weird that people have been losing their **** for the last 2 days about it.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Manning better add some wrinkles, I get the game the coaches play, add wrinkles as the season goes on, dont bring them out too early, not for any other reason but to force our guys to get the base packages as perfect as they can get them, but we simply need some misdirection, or some bootlegs, or some RB screens.

Reactions: Jerry Seydell

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'd say things are right on schedule, haha.

Now that I think about it, we've usually already had 2-3 breakouts in September, so I suppose we are making up for lost time.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Manning better add some wrinkles, I get the game the coaches play, add wrinkles as the season goes on, dont bring them out too early, not for any other reason but to force our guys to get the base packages as perfect as they can get them, but we simply need some misdirection, or some bootlegs, or some RB screens.

I get this, but every time we do something weird like this, it completely backfires.

• Agree
Reactions: Lafester and 67CY

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
I made the wrong decision of putting money on ISU to cover vs Baylor.
This time I put money on Kansas to win. I'll be happy either way now.:chris:

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
I get this, but every time we do something weird like this, it completely backfires.
I was just so jealous of Baylor running bootlegs with wide open grass in front multiple times. Granted they straight up won the lines of scrimmage which makes everything easier.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Not sure on score yet but here's the concerns...

It’s really hard to say it about a KU team, but they may be the most competent and dynamic offense we play all year.

My biggest fear is that KU is going to give us something new – they can be incredibly successful throwing down field, but the QB scramble is just as effective. That has not been a friendly combination to us in the past. We have good run defense, but not against a mobile QB when we drop back into coverage.

It’s all going to come down to our offense keeping up with their offense (if it can). They could dink and dunk at will against us with our bend but don’t break defense. On the flip side, we’ve shown a tendency to blow coverage on the backside this year, we just haven’t faced a competent offense outside of Baylor that could take advantage of it.

Those explosive plays could put our offense in an unfriendly position when we’re so far turnover prone and inexperienced. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think we can wait to halftime to make defensive adjustments this time.
KU defense is not much better than 2021, ISU ran for almost 300 yards last year they should be able to run for over 200 again.

I think the Baylor game swung when Beau was ejected, kid has a knack to process and read plays quicker than most. He is probably ISU's 2nd best defensive player on the the field.

Playing Baylor and Iowa will help ISU's offense in the long run. Iowa is just a solid defense, and Baylor has big DB's that made it difficult for ISU receivers to get space.

Duke ranked 85th in total defense, Houston 114th. The WV game was just weird, WV ran more plays, 78 to 65, won time of possession. 4 punts total in the game. It was a fluky game with WV coming off a gut wrenching loss, to a huge rival, playing for the first time in years.

WV came out strong for a quarter but then lost focus, and maybe assumed it was the old KU. Those that have played sports its hard to get the mojo back if you let up on a team and they come back.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
42 - 24 clones. I don't think they can stop anybody, and this is the first competent defense they have seen. Lot of film out there now too on them.

I do worry we just cone out way too conservative and try to turn it into a 10-7 type of game like we always do, then get behind and don't adjust till the second half.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron