• Win by 8-14

Votes: 212 42.7%
  • Win by 15+

Votes: 50 10.1%

• Total voters

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm tired of this notion that scrambling quarterbacks give our defense trouble, as if that's unique to us, and they don't give every team trouble.

It's true that our defense can struggles with QBs who can scramble. It's also true that EVERY defense struggles with QBs who can scramble. Fans make it out to be like we're the only team that has trouble with some of these guys.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
The Cyclones will minimize mistakes. The officiating will be at least competent. Final score:

ISU 31
KU 24

But most importantly, the kids will have fun.

See y'all at the Gridiron tent!

Reactions: Snydes

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
This is a bellwether game for both schools. I remember back in the day when ISU would have a good start or rattle off a couple of wins and we'd be feeling all good about ourselves, and then a solid Big XII football program like K-State would come in and blow us out and bring us back to earth. Can we be that type of program now that humbles the upstarts, or is KU the real deal already? I think ISU handles them but wouldn't be shocked if we lost.

Reactions: CapnCy

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Looks like the point spread right now is ISU -3.5.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
My head says if all things stay as they have through four games we lose by 12-14 points. If our team settles in and doesn’t make the mistakes they’ve made all year then we win a close one. My fear is if we lose and keep doing all the bad things it just cascades and the season gets ugly fast. That’s the long time, we’ve been kicked in the balls too many times fan talking. I have hope but it’s wavering.

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Honestly I think we win by 17.

I think Kansas has improved and has a fun QB, but we've got a pretty complete team and people shouldn't over react to a couple Kansas wins and one close loss to a preseason top 10 team where we got absolutely jobbed.
I think this is spot on.

We feel like CMC has really built up a good program at this point with depth and talent. We are 7 years in with him. Meanwhile, KU is at the start of year 2 of their rebuild. They have been the worst P5 team in the country for over a decade and we beat them by 52 points last year. If they closed that kind of gap that quickly, a lot of questions need to be asked.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
Good lord, we lose by 7 to the #17 team after some iffy early officiating and people are acting like we got blown out by an FCS team. Get a grip, this is still Kansas.

My MIL lives in Lawrence and is all jacked up about the 4-0 start. She wants to put some money down, but the line at 3.5 hardly seems fair. I kind of want to make it interesting, like ISU to win minus any TDs by X or Brock. Haven't decided yet, but I really don't think this is going to be all that close.

OscarBerkshire

Jul 14, 2022
Waterloo
tons of confident fans in here. good to see. I for one remember the McCarney years. no game is a gimme and Kansas can play. I still think we win but I am not at all surprised if we don't.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
KU 24-21. We win if we play a somewhat clean game, but I can’t remember the last time we’ve come close to doing that?

Teams almost always play better in the margins and the details than us…. even though that’s literally all CMC preaches. I guess he’s better at preaching it than coaching it?

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
We will win this. We normally play very well in the 2:30 time slot. Probably will be by 3 to 7 points. The team is getting better.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I don't want to be right, but I am not surprised if we lose this one. From early showing feel that KU has displayed more reliable explosive threats.

Feel like BU showed how to slow us down on O and attack our D.

I would love nothing more than to be wrong, just not a great feeling.
I don't know, ISU had 350 yards and nearly 6 yards per play. KUs defense isn't even close to BUs.

I think ISU is going to put up points.

Reactions: GoClones123

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
KU 24-21. We win if we play a somewhat clean game, but I can’t remember the last time we’ve come close to doing that?

Teams almost always play better in the margins and the details than us…. even though that’s literally all CMC preaches. I guess he’s better at preaching it than coaching it?
I am very hesitant to criticize CMC, but this is in solid trend category. I agree.

For all the preaching, Gandalf's Cats or Gum Grinding Grand Wizard's Birds out East we are not.

Perhaps it's recency bias or just really bad timing, as ISU is typically one of the lower penalized clubs, but the little things still don't seem as crisp as they could/need to be, particularly given the focus.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron