• Win by 8-14

Votes: 212 42.7%
  • Win by 15+

Votes: 50 10.1%

• Total voters

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
What are your predictions for this weekend?

What do you think the difference makers will be?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Not sure on score yet but here's the concerns...

It’s really hard to say it about a KU team, but they may be the most competent and dynamic offense we play all year.

My biggest fear is that KU is going to give us something new – they can be incredibly successful throwing down field, but the QB scramble is just as effective. That has not been a friendly combination to us in the past. We have good run defense, but not against a mobile QB when we drop back into coverage.

It’s all going to come down to our offense keeping up with their offense (if it can). They could dink and dunk at will against us with our bend but don’t break defense. On the flip side, we’ve shown a tendency to blow coverage on the backside this year, we just haven’t faced a competent offense outside of Baylor that could take advantage of it.

Those explosive plays could put our offense in an unfriendly position when we’re so far turnover prone and inexperienced. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think we can wait to halftime to make defensive adjustments this time.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Turnovers and whether we can contain their QB.

We shouldn’t have a tough time scoring. Their defense is not very good.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
I don't want to be right, but I am not surprised if we lose this one. From early showing feel that KU has displayed more reliable explosive threats.

Feel like BU showed how to slow us down on O and attack our D.

I would love nothing more than to be wrong, just not a great feeling.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
KU has had an impressive start to the year, but I feel like our D is tougher than what they have faced so far. Give me the Cyclones in a close game.

Reactions: CyNews

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
KU's offense scares me but a couple things that give me confidence:

1) KU has not played a good defense yet this year.
2) Heacock has proven over the past 5 years that he can wrangle in high-powered offenses and hold them well-below their average (WVU with Greier, TCU with Boykin, OU with their 3 straight Heisman QB's all come to mind)

I also think it helps us to have played Baylor and adjusted to the talent level of a competent offense, whereas I'm not sure KU has had to adjust to a competent defense yet. We saw how Mich struggled last weekend, having to adjust to the first time playing a team with a pulse on either side of the ball.

We have a pretty good idea of KU's defense. Points should not be hard to come by if we limit turnovers and penalties. I think this is a Heacock statement game and a reality check for KU.

ISU 38 - KU 28

All that said, this game scares the hell out of me.

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
Need to have a spy on quarterback like they did against baker mayfield second half in Oklahoma.
Agree but I worry we may not have someone athletic enough to contain him even if they're locked on. There is no Mike Rose, Marcell Spears or Willey Harvey to match the athleticism of a mobile QB. And if we drop the Star to spy, that's one less DB covering the deep shots

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron