WBB: General All-NCAA Thread - Not Team Cyclones Stuff

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Seems to a be quite a few later entries into the portal. Some of this could be impacted by teammates bailing, sort of a snowballing or dominos effect. However, some are likely to have a destination half set up before they declare. Not tampering initiated by the school per se but by family or friends but the schools would still be complicit in it. As dirty as MBB recruiting is I can't believe WBB recruiting in the portal is all pure and clean.

Reactions: acoustimac

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
We are full up of 2023 but Iowa is recruiting this Iowan and so Jennie B. and the Sooners.

Iowa message boards feel Williams will end up at OU. There was a comment to the effect she is looking for better offers than what she has and didn't attend many games at CHA.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Iowa message boards feel Williams will end up at OU. There was a comment to the effect she is looking for better offers than what she has and didn't attend many games at CHA.

Seems to be getting a bit of recruiting attention for an unranked player. Our offer is obviously off the board but we did offer her last summer. Unless she explodes over the summer or something it's hard to imagine offers better than Iowa, OU etc.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Probably not a coincidence she was offered today. OU was a finalist for Crooks, and I'm guessing they offered Williams once they no longer needed to hold a spot for Crooks.

I believe Drake offered Williams while Jennie was still there, so there's definitely already a relationship there.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Seems to be getting a bit of recruiting attention for an unranked player. Our offer is obviously off the board but we did offer her last summer. Unless she explodes over the summer or something it's hard to imagine offers better than Iowa, OU etc.
If you look at "Right Said Mreds" 2023 Recruiting Thread, Blue Star has Sahara Williams rated at #27, so she has at least one ranking. I saw her play several times, once against Kelsey Joens, and I really like her. She is aggressive, has an all-around game and plays "bigger" than the listed 5'10.

I've been an advocate of going mercenary, and if that means "recruiting over" a present verbal commit, so be it. Sahara Williams can shoot the three, take it to the rim and rebound. I'd rather have an all-around player than another spot up shooter who can't create. JMHO - it's a tough world out there...

Reactions: Cyclad

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
This is interesting and makes a lot of sense with a good base of state of Minnesota fans following HS, Big 10 and WNBA Lynx.

Not centrally located but a good choice IMO, a lot of the states that care about hoops are nearby Mn, Iowa, Wi, Nebby WBB not a bad trip for Indiana and Michigan fans. The Cities have a lot of fun stuff to do (as long as it doesn't blizzard :D)

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Jim Littell is now an assistant at Wichita State. WSU's head coach (Keitha Adams) played for Jim in high school, at his first head coaching gig.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I’m an Esmery Martinez fan - she’s a quality player who appeared under-utilized during last season’s WVU dumpster fire. Too bad she’s going to Mulkey, but I’m glad she’s going to play her final season somewhere she can have some success!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
@mred have you been tracking the other B12 schools' offseason moves? Are Iowa State and Texas still head and shoulders above the rest or will Baylor be back in the mix now?

Per social media WBB tracker Raoul, Baylor has added these gals:

1651161067050.png

And has these HS signees:

1651161156968.png

Pretty big makeover, more like ISU MBB last year and this next season.

Raouls web page is

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Per same source, posting these here since question was here and other than OU only Baylor and Texas will matter to us next year so sorta fits in with recruiting.

Texas portal:

1651161574745.png

Texas HS recruits:

1651161512350.png

Raoul is a good follow on Twitter for WBB recruiting and coaches news.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron