Tyrese Hunter Entering the Transfer Portal - NIL Speculation

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
That’s the dream and end goal for most players. Those who don’t have those aspirations are probably not good enough to get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars at a school like Kentucky.
The result is, few will make it. Too many people in their ear.

Reactions: Statefan10

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Nice stereotype! BTW, the church I attend has an offering box in the back for people to give if they want. NO MENTION is made about the offering box. The only time that "giving" is mentioned is when there is a specific need (one time it was a family who were victims of a lay-off & were in a tough spot financially). I know of quite a few churches who practice the same type of things. Not all Christians are of the WACO variety.
I love the fixed income statements. Aren’t people on salaries also on fixed incomes? Unless you are on commission or an hourly place with unlimited hours (most factories have set hours though), you are on a fixed income.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I love the fixed income statements. Aren’t people on salaries also on fixed incomes? Unless you are on commission or an hourly place with unlimited hours (most factories have set hours though), you are on a fixed income.

I think they mean by "fixed" income it's you can't earn from another source or you lose your benefit.

You work at a factory, yes.....your income there is fixed but nothing is stopping you from earning more at a part time job or venture.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Thank God for Coach Matt Campbell, a lot of people would be depressed in Iowa. As for me, I loved basketball when the mayor was coach and the likes of Morris, Niang. It used to be fun. Now? Whatever happens, if it’s good then I watch, bad, I go to the strip club. Anyways Coach TJ needs to change his formula a bit and insist on scoring a lot of points, yes defense is also but you have to score more than the team. Some good players might not be coming to ISU if they don’t give them freedom to score. The nba needs scorers so TJ defensive system might be working against us…. I’m ignoring the NIL aspect here.
I was thinking the same thing about CMC. Hopefully his dynamic personality, culture, and program can rise above this.

Reactions: CyclonesMoney

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Probably not, but crazy things are happening. Look what Dougie Buckets did at Creighton a few years back. That decision is even easier if he is getting six figure NIL to boot.
Arkansas is currently at 14 schollys and still linked to almost every decent transfer. They supposedly are over $2mill in NIL (total) so MAYBE a NIL transfer ends up as a walkon. I don't know.
Do you know the circumstances around the McDermott situation? It was a 'feel good story', helping teammates out, not gobbling up a bunch of talent. And let's wait to see how the Arkansas situation plays out before we anoint that the new normal.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I hope someone has pointed out the difference to you by now. Save your money.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Another potentially serious problem will soon rear its ugly head. NIL requires, by its nature, coaching involvement in arranging players and payers. Sooner rather than later, allegations will be made about Coach X receiving payment/donation from the payers or, god forbid, the players as “compensation” (read - kick back) or “reward” for making the “proper” pairing between payer and player.
Very soon gambling interests will become involved in NIL. Players will be bought and sold to the highest bidders. Huge bets will be made on college bball games. When this kind of money gets involved, cheating closely follows.
NIL, for all its good intentions, may very well be the beginning of the end of intercollegiate athletic competition as we’ve known it to be.
Coaches are absolutely not required to be involved in the process. Many schools have hired outside companies to coordinate NIL opportunities for their athletes and to ensure that the proper contracts, tax forms and documentation are completed for those opportunities.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Which is hilarious considering we got Enaruna.

Still think the situation is completely different here

JCL was a 6th? 7th? year player transferring to a school where he wasn't going to get much time.

Hunter is much more valuable and plus, the way it's happening makes it a bigger deal, too.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Still think the situation is completely different here

JCL was a 6th? 7th? year player transferring to a school where he wasn't going to get much time.

Hunter is much more valuable and plus, the way it's happening makes it a bigger deal, too.
What if Hunter had just transferred out after Prohm left instead of staying for a year?

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Would it be a help if we all follow each Cyclone athlete on social media. Could boost their social media numbers.

I follow several and have their pages muted so I'm not flooded with 17-22 year old "content" on my feed

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
That's also different, IMO.

New coach, new system- nothing you originally committed to.
That hasn't changed though, still a new coach and new system that he didn't originally commit to. Would we prefer that he didn't stick around and we probably don't make the sweet 16 or maybe the tournament at all?

Reactions: mynameisjonas

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
That hasn't changed though, still a new coach and new system that he didn't originally commit to. Would we prefer that he didn't stick around and we probably don't make the sweet 16 or maybe the tournament at all?

But he did commit to the new coach and new system. He was re-recruited and decided ISU was the right destination. Now, even though he had nothing at all negative to say about the team or TJ, is apparently no longer is. That is how it's different - he did commit to this coach, team and system.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron