ISU News and Tweets

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
We're approaching 10 years ago, but I think the big thing Iowa fans said is that they would rather have a long NIT run than make the NCAA Tournament and be one and done.
Could be, but I still think I remember certain Iowa fans stating winning the NIT makes them second best in the nation. Could be wrong.

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
From the article on reseeding the Sweet 16. I think this line says a lot.....

"The Cyclones don't have any sexy metrics to call them a Final Four sleeper. Then again, a team picked to finish last in the Big 12 was not supposed to make it this far, either."

Just keep overlooking us, you'll regret it.
Check out the Cyclones’ forced turnover and KenPom defensive efficiency numbers, they are top 10 in both. Maybe I’m a little old school, but numbers like that send a tingle up my leg

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Check out the Cyclones’ forced turnover and KenPom defensive efficiency numbers, they are top 10 in both. Maybe I’m a little old school, but numbers like that send a tingle up my leg
Those numbers are like talking about how great of a person your SO is, not how great they look. Beautiful, amazing, but not sexy.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
  • Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
That’s just how it is when you make the tournament all of the time. If you haven’t had a big upset against you then you probably don’t make the tourney that often.

Exactly.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010

And didn't George get called for a foul on this also? Glad he's OK. Got mugged. Maybe it was that they didn't call a foul on Wisc. against George and they sure should have. Can anyone remember how this play was called?

It was an illegal screen on george bc he stuck his butt out and bent at the waist. Doing that is not a basketball play. The movement from George caused him to get ramrodded from behind.

Davidson fully believed he was getting called based on his body language, and should have been if not for George shifting his feet while sticking his butt out

Last edited:

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

And didn't George get called for a foul on this also? Glad he's OK. Got mugged. Maybe it was that they didn't call a foul on Wisc. against George and they sure should have. Can anyone remember how this play was called?

Screenshot_20220321-220016_Chrome.jpg

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
It was an illegal screen on george bc he stuck his butt out and bent at the waist. Doing that is not a basketball play. The foul on George was before he got ramrodded from behind. Davison fully believed when was getting called based on his body language, and should have been if not for George fouling first
I am sorry, but you can't just randomly run into a player who is not actually setting a screen and have it be called a moving screen. Davison had plenty of room to get around the 'screen'.

And if it was a foul on George, then the ball is dead and the second time Davison jumped into George should have been a dead ball technical foul.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
It was an illegal screen on george bc he stuck his butt out and bent at the waist. Doing that is not a basketball play. The foul on George was before he got ramrodded from behind. Davison fully believed when was getting called based on his body language, and should have been if not for George fouling first
That is not an illegal screen because Conditt turned after handing it off and his backside didn’t touch Davidson..He backed into Wisc post man defending him.

Had Conditt handed it off then turned and backed directly into a free Davidson then yes..but he didn’t.

was a horrible call.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
I am sorry, but you can't just randomly run into a player who is not actually setting a screen and have it be called a moving screen. Davison had plenty of room to get around the 'screen'.

And if it was a foul on George, then the ball is dead and the second time Davison jumped into George should have been a dead ball technical foul.
In addition to the fact that George was being fouled from behind by the post defender before he passed the ball.

Reactions: t-noah

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I think I'd follow the Vegas odds
It's a weird thing though with the Vegas odds. It's the way it is because Providence has to play KU next. We play Miami, which is not KU although obviously can beat us. But basically they aren't giving Providence much of a chance to beat KU, so if we get by Miami (theoretically an "easier" task then beating KU) we are one great game away from winning the region over KU. Switch us and Providence where we play KU this week and Providence plays Miami and those odds to win the region change a lot because KU is the odds on favorite to win the region.

Reactions: t-noah

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI

Davison should have been ejected from the game for stomping on George's right ankle. Obviously intent to injure.

Reactions: jcyclonee