ISU News and Tweets

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Man I could watch the content in this thread all day. To say I haven't been the most focused on work today would be an understatement. Just reveling in the awesome.
Nobody getting any work done this Friday

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It was an illegal screen on george bc he stuck his butt out and bent at the waist. Doing that is not a basketball play. The movement from George caused him to get ramrodded from behind.

Davidson fully believed he was getting called based on his body language, and should have been if not for George shifting his feet while sticking his butt out
When you run, you must jam a 2x4 up your rear end because when players pivot on a pick and roll you are taught to bend and spin (and throw a small hook in to get some clearance) towards the basket. You somehow manage to not bend when you run or play basketball. Gumby like I guess.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Davison should have been ejected from the game for stomping on George's right ankle. Obviously intent to injure.
After looking at it again I'm amazed George was relatively OK after that. Davison stepped right on his ankle. Could have been a lot worse!

George must have had a great tape job and/or sprained that ankle a few times before!

cyzygy11

Oct 27, 2007
Hinton, IA
I'm happy we are moving to the sweet sixteen.....i'm just worried about the athleticism that our opponents have performed.....it's a tricky situation.......it's a tough game they want ISU to play...

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I am sorry, but you can't just randomly run into a player who is not actually setting a screen and have it be called a moving screen. Davison had plenty of room to get around the 'screen'.

And if it was a foul on George, then the ball is dead and the second time Davison jumped into George should have been a dead ball technical foul.
This is exactly right. In no way should that ever have been called a moving screen because George wasn’t screening. Grill takes the dribble hand off and fades from the basket creating separation. Davison literally could have run in a straight line to guard Grill and never even touched George. Instead he prison assaulted him from behind twice and the official bought it. I can’t imagine having played that douche 8 or 10 times the last 5 years like the Big 10 schools. Davison makes Jason Sutherland look like a stand up guy.

Last edited:

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
When you run, you must jam a 2x4 up your rear end because when players pivot on a pick and roll you are taught to bend and spin (and throw a small hook in to get some clearance) towards the basket. You somehow manage to not bend when you run or play basketball. Gumby like I guess.
Yep, all the keyboard warriors are right and not this varsity head bbb coach or the NCAA ref who called the foul

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
It was an illegal screen on george bc he stuck his butt out and bent at the waist. Doing that is not a basketball play. The movement from George caused him to get ramrodded from behind.

Davidson fully believed he was getting called based on his body language, and should have been if not for George shifting his feet while sticking his butt out
Disagree. Players running around sometimes collide accidentally, and if there's no intent to block, and no one gets an advantage (e.g. knocked down) then that's a no call - play on.

In this case, GC4 had no intent to block, he wasn't even looking that way. And he didn't "stick his butt out" he just pivoted. He was already bent over to protect the ball from the post defender. Had he been looking at Davison, and stuck his butt out to clip him, then I can see what you are saying. But that clearly is not what happened.

Davison ran into him ON PURPOSE - watch him instead of GC4 in the video as he chases Grill. He intentionally took an angle to NOT go over the top of GC4, and braced himself for impact. As he chases Grill he is moving to his left, then zigs right as Grill goes over the top, and zags left into GC4. There was plenty of space to go around, he just decided to run into him instead. That could have been a foul, but it looks like an accident in real time, so I can understand it being a "play on". I would guess this is something Gard coaches guys to do when they are already beat off a cut.

When Davison ran into him AGAIN, and knocked GC4 to the ground, that's an absolute foul on Davison. You can tell he reset himself to jump into GC4, arm is still braced for impact. Yet it was called on GC4, who got his 4th(?) foul for being hit in the back twice!

Unforgiveable error by the ref, and iirc took a 3 off the board from Grill. Watch it in slo-mo and it just gets worse as you see the intent.