All FB coaching rumors and speculation

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Why are you certain Campbell is Notre Dames top choice? Also, hiring a successful mid major coach is not a bad route since hiring coordinators in the past like we always used to do didn’t work so well most of the time.

We are Iowa State, so I assume the job will go to Matt.

For sure hiring a mid-major coach is probably our BEST chance. But the chances of that succeeding two times in a row are probably not great. We lucked into the perfect situation and it seems unlikely we'd hit the jackpot again.

It'll probably be fine. But it does suck. I'm not sure why it is so terrible to say that losing Campbell would really stink.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
joker-the-dark-knight.gif

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
We are Iowa State, so I assume the job will go to Matt.

For sure hiring a mid-major coach is probably our BEST chance. But the chances of that succeeding two times in a row are probably not great. We lucked into the perfect situation and it seems unlikely we'd hit the jackpot again.

It'll probably be fine. But it does suck. I'm not sure why it is so terrible to say that losing Campbell would really stink.
Well first off, I don’t think our chances are that high we lose him to Notre Dame. Secondly, if we did, the world will go on and we would cheer for the new guy. Be happy if Campbell left that he left this program in a much better place than when he took over.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Are players graduating also hard on you?

OU and ND just lost coaches. That’s sports. It’s not a big deal. It is exciting to follow though. Very enjoyable time of year

For sure! It'll be GREAT.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Nick Saban is trending on Twitter, maybe Notre Dame is making a push on him. Who knows, no job is safe in this years coaching carousel.

I think Saban is looking at these ridiculous contracts and going to demand more from Bama (which they'll gladly sign off on).

Reactions: WhoISthis

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Well first off, I don’t think our chances are that high we lose him to Notre Dame. Secondly, if we did, the world will go on and we would cheer for the new guy. Be happy if Campbell left that he left this program in a much better place than when he took over.
Chizik?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
USC offered Campbell and he declined. They came back and offered more money. He declined again. That is from someone on the inside.

Well not according to either their AD or was it an LA journalist who said Riley was their top choice. But not that it matters anyway.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Anyone know how the Cincinnati boards are going? They have to be in DEFCON 5 right now