ISU MBB Twitter

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
senior yr Hogue still averaged 9.3 ppg 4.9 Rpg and shot .444 3P in Big 12 play. I’d take that in a heartbeat for Hinson.

but yes - in my daydream of Hinson playing the 5, junior year Hogue is the better comp

Yeah, I'll be okay enough if he sucks on defense but at least he rebounds some and is a flamethrower from three. Senior Hogue would be no worse than our third-best player going into this year.

And probably higher than that.

Junior Hogue, though, seems a lot more like an undersized center than a shooting wing.

Seems we need the center type more at the moment.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Daydreaming of Dustin Hogue reincarnated in Blake Hinson
Every year, someone has hopes we have the next Dustin Hogue, or Tyrus McGee. It's not happening, those guys were insanely efficient, perfectly complimentary, remarkably talented, and supremely underrated. I wish we would stop bringing them up as it relates to player comps.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Every year, someone has hopes we have the next Dustin Hogue, or Tyrus McGee. It's not happening, those guys were insanely efficient, perfectly complimentary, remarkably talented, and supremely underrated. I wish we would stop bringing them up as it relates to player comps.
Let me dream! : )

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I will be satisfied when we have the next Marcus Fizer, Monte Morris, Jeff Grayer, Fred Hoiberg, Dean Uthoff and Jamal Tinsley as our first 6.

• Agree
Reactions: t-noah

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'd settle for the next Melvin Ejim.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
From what we’ve heard about his attitude/intensity, Jones may be a nice Fr/So version of Ejim for this team, and, frankly, I’ll take it. I missing having a guy like Melvin (or Homan!) that you knew was absolutely not backing down from anything.

Loved me some homan back in the day, remember him get into it with the Harrison brothers at Colorado. Also towards the end of his career I believe he was almost a guarantee to pull down 10 rbs a game regardless of who he was going up against.

Reactions: mkadl

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Loved me some homan back in the day, remember him get into it with the Harrison brothers at Colorado. Also towards the end of his career I believe he was almost a guarantee to pull down 10 rbs a game regardless of who he was going up against.
I have rarely been so satisfied in an ISU players' performance on the wrong side of a lopsided loss as I was in Homan pulling down 20 boards against UNC.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
I have rarely been so satisfied in an ISU players' performance on the wrong side of a lopsided loss as I was in Homan pulling down 20 boards against UNC.

exactly the game that came to my mind too. He went off against an absolutely loaded team that night. 19 pts and 20 boards

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

And had really, really good coaching.
It's no accident that we kept seeing that sort of thing in the Fred years.

Reactions: VeloClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron