Otzelberger's First Recruiting/Transfer Class - FULL

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I may have taken the whole “keep an eye on” thing too literally. There are probably thousands of kids his age you could say we should keep an eye on. I don’t want to get into a lengthy “why did you rate my post this?” debate. I’ve always found those “junior high girl”ish and a waste of time. I’ve never asked anybody to explain their response to my post or engaged anybody who’s inquired about my response before. Probably won’t again.
Fair. I probably care too much about what people think.

But yeah I didn’t mean let’s follow this kid’s career, rather just see if he ever develops into something. Could be interesting that’s all.

Reactions: Acylum

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Him and Micah Byars live about a block from us in Otter Creek...Drob lives in Otz old house I’m pretty sure

Had no idea so many wanted to live in Ankeny and commute. Don't they like the water in Ames???

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
TBH I’d be fine closing out the recruiting cycle with the two IHCC kids. There’s one guy everybody has in their projected starting lineups that scares me and I’d like to recruit over. If we can do that I think we have a chance to go .500 overall with sensible scheduling.
Why are you going nuts over some JUCO kids?

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
TBH I’d be fine closing out the recruiting cycle with the two IHCC kids. There’s one guy everybody has in their projected starting lineups that scares me and I’d like to recruit over. If we can do that I think we have a chance to go .500 overall with sensible scheduling.
So you want to recruit over Hunter, Gabe, Hinson, or Foster?

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Torvik re-updated his site. I'm assuming his algo has no idea how to project a guy like Foster who is highly rated but was injured and barely produced. Also, I'd wager every cent I have that Hunter averages better than 4/1/2 a game.

Can almost guarantee Tre Jackson doesn't average more than Tyrese Hunter

View attachment 84299
Where is Jones? IF Foster is healthy he will average wayyyyy more than that. Tyrese will average way more than that as well. He is going to play a lot and will obviously have the ball in his hands a lot.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
I wouldn't get too caught up in our preseason Torvik ratings. I love looking at the website (even though some of the metrics I'm not fully versed on) but really think it's value is in actual historical data and not extrapolating as a projection. I fully expect his projection of ISU to be pretty poor for the upcoming year no matter who we add with the last 2 scholarships.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
2 new interests.

Meikkel Murray 6'6" CG

Daniel Oladapo 6'7" F

To me, this likely means the staff knows they are definitely out on Enaruna or Fletcher. On the Sunday night pod, Williams said he thinks ISU is the favorite for Enaruna and that he expects a commitment between us and Creighton sometime in the next week... Fletcher may be next week

If TJ has proven one thing. It's that this staff goes ALL IN on guys they want. They don't throw out 1000 breadcrumbs to see who bites. The target and HEAVILY pursue someone. With that being said. I love that they are really targeting that long wing, stretch 4 position. Both of these guys are TERRIFIC rebounders

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
2 new interests.

Meikkel Murray 6'6" CG

Daniel Oladapo 6'7" F

Understand having some interest in the first kid, not so much the second.