Otzelberger's First Recruiting/Transfer Class - FULL

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
To me, this likely means the staff knows they are definitely out on Enaruna or Fletcher. On the Sunday night pod, Williams said he thinks ISU is the favorite for Enaruna and that he expects a commitment between us and Creighton sometime in the next week... Fletcher may be next week

If TJ has proven one thing. It's that this staff goes ALL IN on guys they want. They don't throw out 1000 breadcrumbs to see who bites. The target and HEAVILY pursue someone. With that being said. I love that they are really targeting that long wing, stretch 4 position. Both of these guys are TERRIFIC rebounders
Or they are just kicking the tires.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah last I heard was that we were sitting very well with Tristan. And I believe we have / had a zoom lined up with Cam’ron today.. so unless those two things have changed, it seems like the staff is just expressing interest and Tristan and Cam’ron are still our top priorities.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Yeah I think at this point it is just "interest" and not an offer. To me it doesn't mean ISU is out on either Enaruna or Fletcher. Both are still the priorities today but neither has committed.
The staff would like (needs) to be prepared with additional targets if needed or if they were both to commit some one currently on the roster may want to explore the portal. In fact ISU not be associated with a number of other wings makes me think they feeling good about their position with both.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Torvik re-updated his site. I'm assuming his algo has no idea how to project a guy like Foster who is highly rated but was injured and barely produced. Also, I'd wager every cent I have that Hunter averages better than 4/1/2 a game.

Can almost guarantee Tre Jackson doesn't average more than Tyrese Hunter

View attachment 84299

Add one more starter caliber player, and this is a .500 roster. Maybe better. Yes, I am serious.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
PG: Hunter, Walker, Jackson
SG: Kalscheur, Grill, Jackson
G/W: Enaruna, Hinson, Johnson
W/F: Hinson, Jaz, Foster
F/C: Foster, Conditt, Jones

my starters prediction on 4/19/2021:
Hunter
Kalscheur (leads the team in minutes played)
Enaruna
Hinson
Foster

Non of these guys are outside the top 150 in the 247 composite or by 247 individually. 3 are top 80

Bench:
Jaz
Conditt
Johnson
Grill
Walker
Jackson
Jones

Otz's SDSU teams were #24 and #3 in the country for 3 point shooting percentage. UNLV went from #241 to #130 this last year after he brought in his guys. Compare that to #263 and #251 from Prohm's last 2 years.. TJ has definetly shown the ability to coach 3 point shooting. JR Blount's a guard coach and the Drake and CoSt teams he's been on all shot over 35% from 3.

TJ's last 4 years coaching. His teams are #17, #6, #28 and #62 in defensive rebounding. Not to mention Kyle Green's big guys at UNI. UNI has been a top 15 defensive rebounding team 9 times in the last 13 seasons.

If we can get to a 35% (which is about low 100's) in 3 shooting and be a top 50 rebounding squad... That's a recipe for adding wins quickly. It's not even that big of a stretch looking a historical coaching performance.

Last edited:

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
PG: Hunter, Walker, Jackson
SG: Kalscheur, Grill, Jackson
G/W: Enaruna, Hinson, Johnson
W/F: Hinson, Jaz, Foster
F/C: Foster, Conditt, Jones

my starters prediction on 4/19/2021:
Hunter
Kalscheur (leads the team in minutes played)
Enaruna
Hinson
Foster

Non of teams guys are outside the top 150 in the 247 composite or by 247 individually. 3 are top 80

Bench:
Jaz
Conditt
Johnson
Grill
Walker
Jackson
Jones

Otz's SDSU teams were #24 and #3 in the country for 3 point shooting percentage. UNLV went from #241 to #130 this last year after he brought in his guys. Compare that to #263 and #251 from Prohm's last 2 years.. TJ has definetly shown the ability to coach 3 point shooting. JR Blount's a guard coach and the Drake and CoSt teams he's been on all shot over 35% from 3.

TJ's last 4 years coaching. His teams are #17, #6, #28 and #62 in defensive rebounding. Not to mention Kyle Green's big guys at UNI. UNI has been a top 15 defensive rebounding team 9 times in the last 13 seasons.

If we can get to a 35% (which is about low 100's) in 3 shooting and be a top 50 rebounding squad... That's a recipe for adding wins quickly. It's not even that big of a stretch looking a historical coaching performance.

We might as well start putting Fletcher in to our lineup posts. the tjrain is rolling hard right now.

Reactions: Bardman

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
Sooooo. I hate to be "this guy"..... But I REALLY REALLY want Daniel Oladapo now!! This guy is a taller but less heavy Mark Vital! The type of player who you would want to go to war with!! Rebounding Czar

very dustin hogue ish

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
He's a lot bigger, 4 rebounds a game more than senior Hogue and no where near the shooter
agree. was just thinking that like Mark Vital, Hogue was a rebounding machine although Hogue wasn't as big. But yes Hogue was such a great scorer his senior year as well.