JTS Improvements - Want More

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
The Spring '21 commencement ceremony is to be held in Jack Trice on May 8th. It'll be interesting to see what they have wrapped up in the next four weeks.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
NEZ lower part will be bowled in!! Not STFU about putting seats there. Those hills are a breeding ground for little cyclones that will become the future Sukup and Jacobson donors
Come on now, let's leave the in-stadium breeding to the iowa fans, shall we?

:eek:

:cool:

Last edited:

Cyclonscin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Very large crane moved to NW hillside.
getting ready to drop in the preformed walls on this side, I'd assume. There's some work going on with the West end of the tunnel, too. Looks like a chunk has been removed from it right before the sloped walls start.

danwbarrett

Mar 29, 2006
University City, MO
More Parking for Northside of Iowa State Center and the RV Parking: ISU official told an Iowa Board of Regents committee on Wednesday the Athletics Department plans to spend between $8.9 and $10.4 million combined for two parking lot projects — one to add 350 parking spots north of the Scheman Building and west of Fisher Theater, and the other to add 330 concrete-paved and electrically accessible spots for recreational vehicles in a gravel lot to be east of the Southeast Recreation Complex and connected to Jack Trice Stadium via the planned East Gateway Bridge project. (Source: The Ames Tribune)

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

cymate

Oct 28, 2011
Ames, the labb
I would really like to see the lighting upgraded, I believe they updated the current lights to LED a few years ago, But i still think the lights could be brighter with more standards.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
More Parking for Northside of Iowa State Center and the RV Parking: ISU official told an Iowa Board of Regents committee on Wednesday the Athletics Department plans to spend between $8.9 and $10.4 million combined for two parking lot projects — one to add 350 parking spots north of the Scheman Building and west of Fisher Theater, and the other to add 330 concrete-paved and electrically accessible spots for recreational vehicles in a gravel lot to be east of the Southeast Recreation Complex and connected to Jack Trice Stadium via the planned East Gateway Bridge project. (Source: The Ames Tribune)

That whole area will be parking lot now. Little green space left.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

How much demand will there be for RV parking? I think 330 seems pretty low, particularly for designated spots with electricity.

Also, it seems like there might be two groups of RV tailgaters: 1) those who want organized designated spots, full services, like at their Winter RV parks, 2) those who want the less organized, informal, different every time, like in the current D-lots.

I hope they retain some form of the current D-lots in addition to the new RV lot, particularly if demand goes up as I expect it will.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I would really like to see the lighting upgraded, I believe they updated the current lights to LED a few years ago, But i still think the lights could be brighter with more standards.

It is what it is. If we want the P&L, we probably need space for all those displaced cars. I'm interested in that RV lot...they say concrete paved in a gravel lot. Which is it? Or is it some of both?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
How much demand will there be for RV parking? I think 330 seems pretty low, particularly for designated spots with electricity.

Also, it seems like there might be two groups of RV tailgaters: 1) those who want organized designated spots, full services, like at their Winter RV parks, 2) those who want the less organized, informal, different every time, like in the current D-lots.

I hope they retain some form of the current D-lots in addition to the new RV lot, particularly if demand goes up as I expect it will.

I think that every RV owner will want electricity, but the key is what it will cost. Right now, the current RV pass is $100. If it's $300 for the new spots, that may curb demand some and they'd be better off leaving some of it D-lot style. Just a guess...RV lot with electric will be on pavement, RV lot without will be on gravel. Maybe half and half.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
It is what it is. If we want the P&L, we probably need space for all those displaced cars. I'm interested in that RV lot...they say concrete paved in a gravel lot. Which is it? Or is it some of both?
To me that reads like the pads where the RVs will park and the tailgating space will be paved and the driveway will be gravel.

Help Support Us

Become a patron