***Official 2021 NCAA Tournament Thread***

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I'm sure these players worked hard and they proved themselves a pretty clear #1 as they were ranked #2 almost all year and just destroyed the team that was #1 all year. I'm sure there are some fine people and some not so fine people around their department.

That said. People are being naive if they think things are squeaky clean at Baylor University.

It's not unlike when the MLB players heads all increased 2x in size and everyone suddenly started hitting 60+ home runs. Some people loved it totally oblivious, some knew something was up but still enjoyed it, and some knew exactly what was going on and viewed from a skeptical lens. There's always been too much smoke in regards to scandal around Baylor athletics, to think that we know about all of it and that it all ended is naive. The women's coach's reflexive defense of serial rapists is one of the biggest indicators that the moral decay runs deep.
You should really stop being so butthurt by Baylor. You can choose not to comment.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
You should really stop being so butthurt by Baylor. You can choose not to comment.

Easy there. I brought this up about the same poster earlier and got told I was being too personal because I told people to stop bringing it up. Thank for thinking the same thing my friend.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

It's butthurt to point out an obvious corrupt lawless culture?

If I had a dime for every time someone on this board talked about UNLV recruiting being corrupt...and for accusations that are nothing in comparison to the known facts at BU.

I appreciate the way they played. I'm not going to be some total naive moron who was shocked when Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa were on roids with their matching gigantic swollen heads.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines

If I had a dime for every time someone on this board talked about UNLV recruiting being corrupt...and for accusations that are nothing in comparison to the known facts at BU.

I appreciate the way they played. I'm not going to be some total naive moron who was shocked when Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa were on roids with their matching gigantic swollen heads.

I think it’s the fact that every comment made has something to do with it. Start a new thread about Baylor and the rape scandal to discuss if you want.

Reactions: cstrunk and Acylum

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
We are National Champions in a sport people care about!!
I'm so happy!!!
So proud of Scott Drew and these kids... this is the best Defense team I've ever seen in College Basketball.

Respect to Few and the Gonzaga kids...

BTW, how many Time Outs did Drew use?

Nothing but love Clones.. but its a great night to BU!!!

FLAME AWAY!!!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We are National Champions in a sport people care about!!
I'm so happy!!!
So proud of Scott Drew and these kids... this is the best Defense team I've ever seen in College Basketball.

Respect to Few and the Gonzaga kids...

BTW, how many Time Outs did Drew use?

Nothing but love Clones.. but its a great night to BU!!!

FLAME AWAY!!!

You swung by the last place team's board 25 minutes after your first and only national championship.

I can't tell if that's amazing or psychotic. Or maybe something super unique about ISU fans that we are that irresistible. I know I wouldn't be on any 0-18 teams boards tonight if that were ISU...we must be magnetic.

Baylor is a convincing #1 that is for sure.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Morale of the story: cover up enough rapes and murders and you will eventually win a natty.

• Dumb
Reactions: isutrevman and GTO

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Pac 12 tied for 3rd most wins over expected all-time for any multi-bid conference in tournament history (since 1985)

*Does Not Include First Four
*Counts Oregon's No Contest as a Win for valid comparison

YearConferenceTeamsAvg WinsAvg Exp WinsAvg Wins Over Expected
2014​
Southeastern
3​
3.67​
1.61​
2.05​
1996​
Southeastern
4​
3.50​
1.47​
2.03​
2013​
Missouri Valley
2​
2.50​
0.77​
1.73​
2021​
Pacific Twelve
5​
2.60​
0.87​
1.73​
1990​
Atlantic Coast
5​
2.80​
1.25​
1.55​
1986​
Southeastern
4​
3.00​
1.50​
1.50​
1985​
Big East
6​
3.00​
1.63​
1.37​
2006​
Colonial
2​
2.00​
0.63​
1.37​
1990​
Southwest
3​
2.33​
0.97​
1.36​
2003​
Big East
4​
3.00​
1.66​
1.34​

Reactions: isutrevman

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Missed the 1 shining moment video on CBS but caught it on Twitter. 2 Garza shots of one which was him crying.

They showed a clip of Grand Canyon player Oscar Frayer who I found out died in a car accident days after their tournament game.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
You swung by the last place team's board 25 minutes after your first and only national championship.

I can't tell if that's amazing or psychotic. Or maybe something super unique about ISU fans that we are that irresistible. I know I wouldn't be on any 0-18 teams boards tonight if that were ISU...we must be magnetic.

Baylor is a convincing #1 that is for sure.
You guys had your worst team in history , but I will never think of you as a last place team.
You are a great basketball school who had a a really bad year...
Thats all