***Official 2021 NCAA Tournament Thread***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Nah you have had a holier than thou attitude all night toward people clearly just having fun and throwing a little shade at Baylor (again well-deserved for what that school did not that long ago). At the same time those same people know damn well in their mind this was impressive and can say nothing but good things about what this Baylor team just did. You are/were taking things WAY too serious in here. Relax man. You came at isucurt and others who had a difference of opinion on the defense being played like a maniac. People can have a difference of opinion on what they like to watch.

I'm sure these players worked hard and they proved themselves a pretty clear #1 as they were ranked #2 almost all year and just destroyed the team that was #1 all year. I'm sure there are some fine people and some not so fine people around their department.

That said. People are being naive if they think things are squeaky clean at Baylor University.

It's not unlike when the MLB players heads all increased 2x in size and everyone suddenly started hitting 60+ home runs. Some people loved it totally oblivious, some knew something was up but still enjoyed it, and some knew exactly what was going on and viewed from a skeptical lens. There's always been too much smoke in regards to scandal around Baylor athletics, to think that we know about all of it and that it all ended is naive. The women's coach's reflexive defense of serial rapists is one of the biggest indicators that the moral decay runs deep.

Reactions: GTO

cyclonemagic

Nov 26, 2006
Texas
I am happy for Baylor and Big 12 Basketball. But, I am especially happy for Scott Drew. We all used to joke about his use of timeouts, game clock management, etc. But he evolved as a coach and stayed loyal to Baylor. I believe Fred Hoiberg could have eventually done the same if he chose to stay at ISU.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CYTUTT and cstrunk

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
I am happy for Baylor and Big 12 Basketball. But, I am especially happy for Scott Drew. We all used to joke about his use of timeouts, game clock management, etc. But he evolved as a coach and stayed loyal to Baylor. I believe Fred Hoiberg could have eventually done the same if he chose to stay at ISU.

Let Fred go, Louie.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
He is a helluva coach. It does seem to be understated what kind of job he has done in Waco. He will stay at Baylor but he should be the first call of any top notch program with an opening going forward.

If Drew stays, Baylor will be one of the top notch programs for a while. Texas money. Texas talent. Now they have a national title. It could become a monster.

Reactions: BigCyFan

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
That said. People are being naive if they think things are squeaky clean at Baylor University.

I don't know about all that, but are there NBA players on Baylor? Honest question. Mitchell might be a Marcus Smart. Maybe Butler earns a bench spot. They're not loaded with play for pay 5 stars.

Is 15 and 9 bad? Garza scores 30 on everyone. Timme is a liability on defense though. Gonzaga's biggest issues: no rim protection and no bench.

The Gonzaga issues might be accurate, but they won every game they played except the last one. Their weaknesses aren't so week.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
If Drew stays, Baylor will be one of the top notch programs for a while. Texas money. Texas talent. Now they have a national title. It could become a monster.
Believe they are suppose to be building a new arena/practice facility here soon as well.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I support the Big 12 and am glad Baylor won.

Then I remember we have to play them twice/year.

Then I think about their football team.

It gets worse from there.

But congrats Baylor BB! National Champs.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I don't know about all that, but are there NBA players on Baylor? Honest question. Mitchell might be a Marcus Smart. Maybe Butler earns a bench spot. They're not loaded with play for pay 5 stars.

The Gonzaga issues might be accurate, but they won every game they played except the last one. Their weaknesses aren't so week.

No kidding. Baylor's roster seems like a blue print ISU would have to follow. Not sure why that has to be shady.

Reactions: NENick and BigCyFan

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

I don't think their recruiting now is suspect in relation to where their program is...I did suspect it when they started having their best basketball success almost immediately after a murder coverup.

The bigger issue is that it's a known fact Baylor had a lawless immoral culture where rape was swept under the rug as if it were nothing. That doesn't just go away overnight and there was a lot of evidence that it wasn't neatly confined to the football coaching staff and players.

Who knows how much we know and how it really is, just color me zero surprised if it's even worse than we know or if more comes out in the future.