*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Bolton wasn’t even that good in the wins. Coleman Lands and Solo are the reasons they won those games.

bolton had a good game against uapb.... if you want to look at a reason we’ve sucked this year look at solo, javon, conditt (early on), jcl for a good portion of the year. Hell JCL took 18 shots and shot 33% from the field tonight, yet people want to pin the loss on Bolton. That’s mind boggling to me.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
How’s that working out?

Someone else said it best, Bolton is the reason we are in these games. And also a big reason why we lose them. But the coach continues to be inflexible and try anything else. So we continue to lose every single close game we play.

who’s hands would you put it in?

Reactions: Bubba Hubba

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
The players didn’t have a lot of help in last five minutes on getting into good sets. Waiting until 8 seconds left on the clock to start an action with a shooting guard playing point isn’t usually going to produce great results.

You think he told them to wait until 8 seconds to start the play? I think Bolton didn’t realize the shot clock situation until it was too late.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Shoot nearly 50% from 3, battle them even on the boards, face a team who has not played in 3 weeks..
Everything is in your favor, and then you get to the time of the game where coaching has its greatest impact and all the advantages you built up are just whisked away.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Well, we had our 3 minute drought in last 6 minutes. Hit 65 at 5:54 up 65-61, scored again at 2:51 when down 65-68 so 7-0 run by Baylor. Missed 3 shots and 3 Bolton turnovers in that stretch. Baylor 9-10 on FTs in last 5 minutes too.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Who is the legit big man? If you say Foster, we haven’t seen him play enough to find out if he is actually a good D1 big man. And it certainly isn’t Conditt or Young
Young is a replacement level big man on average. He has games where he does great and games where he does very little.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Did you not watch the last 6 minutes? You know, when it mattered? 2 points, 1 rebound, 3 turnovers (not counting the jump pass he left Solomon on an island with) and was 0-2 (both misses were contested layups).

He was atrocious down the stretch.
When your coach doesn’t get you into an action for the first 20 seconds that stuff happens. And Solo is a senior. He knows better to throw a pass from the baseline to the top of the key with a defender sitting at the free throw line.
Bolton could have played better down the stretch but the players aren’t being put in good positions by the staff.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
It can ultimately end up in Bolton’s hands. No issues with that but how about trying something other than Bolton dribbling for 25 seconds and then throwing up some **** shot as the shot clock expires?

it can and should end up in his hands more often then not (save maybe Harris tonight). yeah I agree with the timing part but to me that’s either on coaching not pushing the play, other players not moving (which could be either coaching or the other players fault).

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
What is JP waiting for...just put us out of our misery and fire this guy already. Yes, he's a nice guy, I get it...but he'll be fine. He's not going to go all Ray Combs on us. He will land on his feet somewhere.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
You think he told them to wait until 8 seconds to start the play? I think Bolton didn’t realize the shot clock situation until it was too late.

Yeah. He literally is holding up the stop hands and then motioning for action and the high pick and roll at 11 second mark.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
No. That’s not why he left.
Bolton is the best player on this roster....by far being forced to play out of position by a coach that has an offensive play the size of children’s pop up book.
That must be that folded up yellow sheet of paper he is always reading