What to do with Coach Prohm Poll..

What should Pollard do with Prohm?

• Keep Prohm as coach and let him finish his contract

• Fire Prohm as head coach immediately and pay buyout

• Fire Prohm at end of season and pay buyout

Results are only viewable after voting.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Just a simple poll of where us fanatics are at right now. If Steve were to be fired now or at the end of the season, I don’t think we would have a ton of money to spend on a high end coach because of the buyout. But would it be worth it? Lots of season left obviously, but I’m curious of what people are thinking. Even the lurkers. So please vote!

• Dumb
Reactions: Aclone

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Needs more options.

He's not getting fired immediately.

Unless we lose every single remaining game (unlikely), he's not getting fired at season's end.

He has through next season, at least.

But I wouldn't say that he will make it through the remainder of his contract...

Spam

May 21, 2008
I know we can't afford it, but has someone worked out how much the buyout is?

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I know we can't afford it, but has someone worked out how much the buyout is?
Some said in the neighborhood of 2 million a year for a few years. Technically we could afford it, but we wouldn’t be paying the new head coach much.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
None of the three. I think the BEST option is for him to move on to another job on his own after this season. Wasn't out of the realm of possibility last year until COVID struck. But maybe less likely this year now because he's gonna likely have one god awful record so finding a taker might be rough.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Needs more options.

He's not getting fired immediately.

Unless we lose every single remaining game (unlikely), he's not getting fired at season's end.

He has through next season, at least.

But I wouldn't say that he will make it through the remainder of his contract...
I would agree that he has next year anyway but assume he wins the two more non conference games and goes 0-18 in conference. I just don’t see any argument he should keep his job. Who is going to buy tickets next year with that? There’s a point when Prohm is really going to force Pollards hand. I mean he has to at least give him some cover.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I would agree that he has next year anyway but assume he wins the two more non conference games and goes 0-18 in conference. I just don’t see any argument he should keep his job. Who is going to buy tickets next year with that? There’s a point when Prohm is really going to force Pollards hand. I mean he has to at least give him some cover.

This is where I'm at. I even think if we go something like 3-15 which seems laughable (how sad is that) at what point does the conversation shift to 'can we even do it' to 'can we afford NOT to do it'

Stereotype

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2017
Barring Prohm leaving on his own accord, he will at least be here next year. Idk if people just dont know his buyout isn’t payable or they’re in denial but If you can’t take the state of the program right now just don’t watch basketball for the next year and ffs stay off the message boards. Crying about it like a bunch of spoiled children isn’t going to make his buyout any smaller.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Barring Prohm leaving on his own accord, he will at least be here next year. Idk if people just dont know his buyout isn’t payable or they’re in denial but If you can’t take the state of the program right now just don’t watch basketball for the next year and ffs stay off the message boards. Crying about it like a bunch of spoiled children isn’t going to make his buyout any smaller.

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
We lost 30 million dollars in revenue, need to give CMC and his staff a raise. No we can afford the buyout. Until you fire him and get a young coach who wants to make mark in the P5 and pay him 500k a year and make his contract heavily incentive based

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

superiorcyclone

Dec 12, 2013
Just a simple poll of where us fanatics are at right now. If Steve were to be fired now or at the end of the season, I don’t think we would have a ton of money to spend on a high end coach because of the buyout. But would it be worth it? Lots of season left obviously, but I’m curious of what people are thinking. Even the lurkers. So please vote!
Needs to go.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron