• Fire Prohm as head coach immediately and pay buyout

• Fire Prohm at end of season and pay buyout

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Sorry you cannot keep him with losing records in 3 or 4 Conference seasons. Ticket sales will plummet next tear of he is still there. No reason to sit and watch the program go to Ken Trickey Type years. JP needs to find a way to make the change. If we go 0-18, then this year has to be his last.

At the end of the game with maybe 30 seconds to go the TV panned to CSP and he looked list, defeated and someone who does not have any answers. It is time to move on.

Maybe the Football Program can save the Basketball program with a nice NY6 bowl payout or better yet a CFP payout. One can dream.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Why do 7 people want him to coach until 2025?
I don't think it's a case they WANT him to coach...pretty much everyone would like to see him gone. But financially, this seems to be the most frugal route. Remember, we have a football coach to try and keep. Money needs and deserves to go to Coach Campbell.

Reactions: agentbear

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
We’re in a pretty ****** situation here but I’m also not the kind of ISU BBall fan that think the expectation should be to make the NCAA tourney every year because we did it for like 6 years in a row one time. There’s going to be rebuilding years here. Do I wish someone else was leading that rebuild right now? YEP.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Spam

May 21, 2008
We’re in a pretty ****** situation here but I’m also not the kind of ISU BBall fan that think the expectation should be to make the NCAA tourney every year because we did it for like 6 years in a row one time. There’s going to be rebuilding years here. Do I wish someone else was leading that rebuild right now? YEP.

There is no rebuilding that's happening. Only destruction.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
None of the three. I think the BEST option is for him to move on to another job on his own after this season. Wasn't out of the realm of possibility last year until COVID struck. But maybe less likely this year now because he's gonna likely have one god awful record so finding a taker might be rough.

Both him and the fanbase are thinking "I wish I/he had gone after the bama job." Hopefully we can find another Creighton scenario.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm not sure it's all on Prohm. Some of the guys he brought in this year look rough. Won't name names, God bless the kids for signing up for this willingly. I do wonder why we didn't see Blackwell tonight? I thought this was some legendary freshman class Steve was bringing in, but I only notice 2 played tonight? Dubar and Foster do look promising, but K-State had way better freshman/newcomers.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Realistically we're going to have to keep him through next season, most likely.

When Foster transfers and Hunter decommits, rock bottom will officially have been hit.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I'm not sure it's all on Prohm. Some of the guys he brought in this year look rough. Won't name names, God bless the kids for signing up for this willingly. I do wonder why we didn't see Blackwell tonight? I thought this was some legendary freshman class Steve was bringing in, but I only notice 2 played tonight? Dubar and Foster do look promising, but K-State had way better freshman/newcomers.
How is it not on Prohm if some of the players look bad? He is the one recruiting and coaching them. Why would you think this would be a legendary freshman class? Foster was a top 100 player, the rest of the guys were not even in the top 150. Walker wasn't even in the top 300.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Who are the idiots that said to let him play out his contract? Iowa fans?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron