ABATE Rally in Algona

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Didn't realize Iowa had no helmet laws until I read some posts here.

So, Iowans, a question, what percentage of motorcyclists do you estimate DO wear helmets in Iowa?
I'd agree it's 25-35%. I wear mine unless I'm troubleshooting something i need to hear (brakes, rattle, etc), also only do that up and down my street. I have 2 helmets, full and half, depending on if I'm riding across town at 30mph or on the highway. I have been in a few accidents, one slow and one higher speed, I won't actually ride away from my house without a helmet.

Max

Mar 19, 2006
Just going to take a wild guess here that COVID cases in Kossuth County are going to trend up for some reason in a week or two.
Just call it a protest instead of a rally and Covid-19 won’t be an issue.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The campground is. Pep's, Billie Jo's, HyVee, Casey's, Classic Stop, Chrome, Miller's, etc. aren't.

WTF is up with the garrigan school. Won’t tell people why no JV softball and then people find out that a player may be positive for COVID and they decide to still play varsity Softball but keep it quiet. Complete classless act.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
WTF is up with the garrigan school. Won’t tell people why no JV softball and then people find out that a player may be positive for COVID and they decide to still play varsity Softball but keep it quiet. Complete classless act.
I certainly wouldn't put that past someone with the last name "Meister." Aren't their twins still on the team? COVID would essentially end their HS softball careers.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

Private school FTW

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I certainly wouldn't put that past someone with the last name "Meister." Aren't their twins still on the team? COVID would essentially end their HS softball careers.
There was 3 of them. Their assistant coach admitted that was the reason the JV didn’t play. Varsity game should never have been played.

Cdiedrick

Jun 26, 2014
Well we'll start it out of the cave. ABATE is holding their rally on their own land. If you're a biker are you planning on attending have you been to it in the past? I'm not a biker but I personally think I would take a pass on this if it were me. For anyone who goes stay safe and have a fun time.
So it’s been just under two weeks and I was tested for antibodies today. Negative, tell me more about your fear. Did zero social distancing and never wore a mask. Kossuth county didn’t spike either. Get off your high horse and let people love vs installing fear.

Reactions: dtISU and arobb

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
So it’s been just under two weeks and I was tested for antibodies today. Negative, tell me more about your fear. Did zero social distancing and never wore a mask. Kossuth county didn’t spike either. Get off your high horse and let people love vs installing fear.
good thing you weren't a part of the 3.6 million cases in the United States or 38,000 in Iowa then

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
One out of one...100% clean. That's a pretty convincing data set.o_O

Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yikes

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I'm sure people on a really hot day just loved that.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No, you see, it didn't happen to him, therefore it's not an issue

My favorite is how being asymp is one of the biggest problems with this and 'I went to so and so place, and was close to people without a mask the whole time, didn't even get sick' is such a common theme for so many people.