ABATE Rally in Algona

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
If ANYONE gets the virus today, it's because of something THEY did - not what someone else did. We're far past blaming other people at this point. If you don't want the virus, stay in your house, wear your mask, practice HARDER at social distancing.

If you're in circulation, you've put your own damn self at risk.
Are you being sarcastic?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Damn. Those infants should have taken themselves out of circulation.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/18/health/texas-infants-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

If an infant hops in a car and drives to a beach to gave drinks with a bunch of other toddlers, then YEAH - that infant put himself/herself/itself at risk.

I keep forgetting there are so many people who have zero nuance and who think the exceptions ARE the whole story. Seriously my bad and I burned myself again and it was MY fault - nobody else's.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Are you being sarcastic?

If you are an adult, who posts on this board, and you get the virus, it likely means you have put YOURSELF in the line of fire. Unless you think sick folks are out purposefully chasing down people to spit on them in their sleep or to infect you in the parking lot. Nursing homes are a tragedy and those folks have little chance, but if you are fully functioning adult and you get sick, you have put yourself in the line of fire.

If I should get sick, it means I didn't "catch" it from someone, it means I let my guard down and violated the basic health protocols espouse by all health professionals.

Sorry board, I'm still a personal responsibility / personal accountability guy.

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
If ANYONE gets the virus today, it's because of something THEY did - not what someone else did. We're far past blaming other people at this point. If you don't want the virus, stay in your house, wear your mask, practice HARDER at social distancing.

Well, that's a stupid, ignorant post.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Nothing funny about it. So it’s the Hispanic’s that are spreading it and nothing to do with the work environment?
There was absolutely zero mention of any nationality in my post. There are tons of workers from everywhere that got it. And I said they go to work and it spreads like wildfire... I’d say that would mean work environment.

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha

lol....Uh don't be sorry, because you are not a "personal responsibility" guy at all. Try "right wing victim."

Ask the meatpacking workers who were forced to work so that we all had bacon. But hey, to you, they're just brown people that need to work so that we can eat.

Ask the teachers and parents about going to in-person school.

You need a wider perspective into the world.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
If an infant hops in a car and drives to a beach to gave drinks with a bunch of other toddlers, then YEAH - that infant put himself/herself/itself at risk.

I keep forgetting there are so many people who have zero nuance and who think the exceptions ARE the whole story. Seriously my bad and I burned myself again and it was MY fault - nobody else's.
Nuance? Your post was unmitigated garbage, and I mocked it with equivalent hyperbole.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
lol....Uh don't be sorry, because you are not a "personal responsibility" guy at all. Try "right wing victim."

Ask the meatpacking workers who were forced to work so that we all had bacon. But hey, to you, they're just brown people that need to work so that we can eat.

Ask the teachers and parents about going to in-person school.

You need a wider perspective into the world.
Covid is less of a risk to school-age children than is the seasonal influenza. And barely more risk for adults under 60. If I worked in a packing plant, I'd go to work. Most of those who have tested positive had no symptoms.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013

Are we men? Or are we wards of the State?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Oh my God! Oh wait:

"A county judge later clarified that Nueces County did not have a sudden surge in infant cases, KIII reports. The number referred to those who have tested positive since mid-March."

Never mind. Just more Fake News propaganda.
The point remains the same whether it was in one day, one week, one month, or several months. Babies cannot "take themselves out of circulation", and thus were NOT responsible for their infection.

But golly gee, you got me with that YEAH BUT IT WAS OVER A LONGER PERIOD OF TIME. Well done.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
If you are an adult, who posts on this board, and you get the virus, it likely means you have put YOURSELF in the line of fire. Unless you think sick folks are out purposefully chasing down people to spit on them in their sleep or to infect you in the parking lot. Nursing homes are a tragedy and those folks have little chance, but if you are fully functioning adult and you get sick, you have put yourself in the line of fire.

If I should get sick, it means I didn't "catch" it from someone, it means I let my guard down and violated the basic health protocols espouse by all health professionals.

an adult being forced to go into the office to work and can't quit or they go homeless?

a kid (in Iowa, ironically) forced to go to school and can't social distance?

a teacher in Iowa under similar situations as above?

you can't just label everyone in the same brush here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
Oh my God! Oh wait:

"A county judge later clarified that Nueces County did not have a sudden surge in infant cases, KIII reports. The number referred to those who have tested positive since mid-March."

Never mind. Just more Fake News propaganda.

Here's another good one. Maybe he just attended an ABATE rally?

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
There was absolutely zero mention of any nationality in my post. There are tons of workers from everywhere that got it. And I said they go to work and it spreads like wildfire... I’d say that would mean work environment.
High numbers of Immigrants work in packing plants because Locals won’t. That’s not a coincidence. Makes it easier for Companies to operate unsafe work environments with impunity. Work environment is an obvious concern.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
an adult being forced to go into the office to work and can't quit or they go homeless?

a kid (in Iowa, ironically) forced to go to school and not wear a mask?

a teacher in Iowa?

you can't just label everyone in the same brush here.

I don’t think there are any schools that are forcing kids to NOT wear masks. I think they can make them but I do t think schools will be pulling them off kids.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
lol....Ask the meatpacking workers who were forced to work so that we all had bacon. But hey, to you, they're just brown people that need to work so that we can eat.
Ask the teachers and parents about going to in-person school......

Don't forget all other food manufacturing plants who continue to work so we can eat. And all other large manufacturing plants that supply the goods/machines we depend on. And all those large distribution centers that ship most of the goods we use everyday.
COVID hasn't been easy these on any of these businesses and their employees, but they continue to move forward.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I don’t think there are any schools that are forcing kids to NOT wear masks. I think they can make them but I do t think schools will be pulling them off kids.

Agree but all will not wear them unless mandated and even if they do it won’t contain 100% of the spread.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
High numbers of Immigrants work in packing plants because Locals won’t. That’s not a coincidence. Makes it easier for Companies to operate unsafe work environments with impunity. Work environment is an obvious concern.
I’m well aware of who works in packing plants and well aware of the the work conditions. You are arguing with me for the exact same thing you are saying..work conditions. I just so happened to have also said where the fire starts from.