ABATE Rally in Algona

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well we'll start it out of the cave. ABATE is holding their rally on their own land. If you're a biker are you planning on attending have you been to it in the past? I'm not a biker but I personally think I would take a pass on this if it were me. For anyone who goes stay safe and have a fun time.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'll be honest, I had to google that term.

Ditto but then I was able to go "Ah, those guys!"

Guessing guys that hate helmets and don't even think motorcycles need special drivers license aren't going to be too worried about Covid-19 or wearing masks. The booze will protect them. LOL.

Last edited:

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Ditto but then I was able to go "Ah, those guys!"

Guessing guys that hate helmets and don't even think motorcycles need special drivers license aren't going to be too worried about Covid-19 or wearing masks. The booze will protect them. LOL.

Those guys don't hate helmets. They hate having the government forcing them to wear them to protect themselves. Huge difference. I know a lot of my friends wear a helmet but don't want the government to force them to do it. I also totally agree with their right to splat their heads on the concrete if they wish.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Those guys don't hate helmets. They hate having the government forcing them to wear them to protect themselves. Huge difference. I know a lot of my friends wear a helmet but don't want the government to force them to do it. I also totally agree with their right to splat their heads on the concrete if they wish.

i hope they reimburse the state and city personnel for responding to the crash when they smash their head open. I expect they aren’t on Medicare or Medicaid because I don’t want to pay for their stupidity.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

Except we all help pay for the medical, insurance and emergency response costs. Plus the soft costs like psychological damage to others involved in the accidents and response.

20eyes

May 15, 2020

The government is trying to protect ME, devil dog. From paying for their dumb asses.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Who let @Stormin out of the cave?

Why do you care?

Nobody wears masks. But they are outside. Much of the time is spent riding. But pretty sure there is plenty of mingling going on. Lots of women running around naked. Covid19 could just be one of several outbreaks that could happen.

Last edited:

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
i hope they reimburse the state and city personnel for responding to the crash when they smash their head open. I expect they aren’t on Medicare or Medicaid because I don’t want to pay for their stupidity.
You are paying for people who have horrible diets and don't exercise resulting in 42.5% obesity in the U.S. which causes health issues. We spend significantly more money treating diabetes and heart problems resulting from obesity than we do motorcycle accidents. Should Medicare and Medicaid not cover those as well?

Reactions: Cytown12

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

I find it really strange that people so freely give up their right to freedom in our country and want rules on stuff to ban everything. I am responsible for taking care of myself. When people crash everyone responds. If the person is hurt they have to pay for their injuries.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

I hate the government forcing me to pay taxes that get used to take care of people with long term head injuries on disability from motorcycle accidents that weren’t wearing helmets, so...

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I hate the government forcing me to pay taxes that get used to take care of people with long term head injuries on disability from motorcycle accidents that weren’t wearing helmets, so...

Do you hate the government forcing you to pay taxes for obese people who can't work? So should we make laws forcing people to eat healthy?
DO you hate the government for allowing people to go boating, because if they crash you have to pay for it long term?

Where does it stop?