2021 Mock - Purdy 11th Overall

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Just hard to convince me Brock will be NFL ready a year from now. He's not 6'6", 220 (Lawrence) or 6'3", 227 (Fields). He is one of the best QBs in college football, but right now I would project him to need another year to get bigger and stronger before the NFL would be a fit for him. Although with his skills, a team could draft him and let him sit a year to work on that. I suppose a lot depends on how this next year plays out. Certainly if we go, say, 10-2, then he'll be gone. If he has a better year than even last year, then he'll be gone.

Dang it, we REALLY need to have this upcoming season happen, I am so pumped to see the boys back in action led by a potential first-round QB!!!!!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
SafeNegligibleIbex-max-1mb.gif

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Is he on anyone's first round list like 247, ESPN, Fox, Athletic, etc?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Just hard to convince me Brock will be NFL ready a year from now. He's not 6'6", 220 (Lawrence) or 6'3", 227 (Fields). He is one of the best QBs in college football, but right now I would project him to need another year to get bigger and stronger before the NFL would be a fit for him. Although with his skills, a team could draft him and let him sit a year to work on that. I suppose a lot depends on how this next year plays out. Certainly if we go, say, 10-2, then he'll be gone. If he has a better year than even last year, then he'll be gone.

Dang it, we REALLY need to have this upcoming season happen, I am so pumped to see the boys back in action led by a potential first-round QB!!!!!

I HOPE he has a good enough year and makes enough progress that he's a first rounder. Ten years ago, someone with his skill set would have been a mid round draft pick at best. But the NFL is changing. Brock is basically the same size as Jordan Love. He's bigger than Kyler Murray, although not the run threat. With a little added weight, he wouldn't be too different than Baker Mayfield size wise. You don't have to be 6'3+, 220+ to be successful in the NFL any more.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Brock and Iowa State will need to have a historic year for him to be drafted in round 1. He might need to win the Heisman to be considered at 11.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If he does leave after next year, I pray he goes to a team that knows how to groom and use him. Not some screwed up organization like that will screw him up for the rest of his career. The fit there is key and if he does leave early, I hope at least he finds a home that will make him an even better QB.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Can you imagine what Purdy's draft stock would be if he had a better performance in the Camping World Bowl?

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I HOPE he has a good enough year and makes enough progress that he's a first rounder. Ten years ago, someone with his skill set would have been a mid round draft pick at best. But the NFL is changing. Brock is basically the same size as Jordan Love. He's bigger than Kyler Murray, although not the run threat. With a little added weight, he wouldn't be too different than Baker Mayfield size wise. You don't have to be 6'3+, 220+ to be successful in the NFL any more.

Jordan Love is 6'4" 224, the prototypical NFL quarterback size

Reactions: Frak

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
The good thing for Purdy is he has the modern playing style that the NFL teams adapting to passing football at a glacial pace will ignore. Which means one of the modern franchises will likely be the ones to draft him and he hopefully won't get put in a crap situation.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron