2021 Mock - Purdy 11th Overall

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It's a real stretch to put together a mock draft when you don't even know in what order the teams will finish. It's bad enough when they know the order.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I HOPE he has a good enough year and makes enough progress that he's a first rounder. Ten years ago, someone with his skill set would have been a mid round draft pick at best. But the NFL is changing. Brock is basically the same size as Jordan Love. He's bigger than Kyler Murray, although not the run threat. With a little added weight, he wouldn't be too different than Baker Mayfield size wise. You don't have to be 6'3+, 220+ to be successful in the NFL any more.

The big thing for an NFL QB is going to be arm strength and quick release. A guy like Kyler Murray might be short in stature- but his arm strength is elite.

I like Purdy as a college QB, but I don't see the arm strength that NFL teams like. I hope that is something he can develop in ISU's strength program, because his accuracy is very good.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
There is a really strong argument for Brock Purdy coming back for his senior year:

His offensive line could return every or at least 80% of the starters. Colin Newell, Trevor Downing, Derek Schweiger, Robert Hudson, Joey Ramos, Jared Hufford, Darrell Simmons, Grant Treiber, Zach Ross and Alex Kleinow will all be here for 2021.

His receiving corps will almost return intact other than Akers. Tarique Milton, Sean Shaw, Xavier Hutchinson, Joe Scates, Darien Porter, Darren Wilson, 6'5" Ezeriah Anderson and T.J. Tampa will all be here in 2021.

We will have a great running game, experienced line and a lot of quality receivers. Don't know if Kolar will stay for his last year at TE. But it sounds like we have some good studs there too. I think '21 is lined up for a special season and Purdy could see that and want to be part of it. :)

allday4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 25, 2012
Waterloo, IA
Wow. Good for him. I thought mid round possibly originally. Accurate, but wasn't sure if arm strength would be an issue or not. His arm is definitely stronger than Jake Frohm''''

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
If Purdy is picked 11th that likely means ISU is a 9 win, or better team. Purdy won't be drafted if we win 7 games again. I'll gladly take a 10 win team this upcoming season, even if it means Purdy leaves a year early. It's crazy that this ISU team is projected to win anywhere from 7 to 10 games, and they definitely have the capability.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Mel Kiper doesn't have Brock in his top three QBs, so if he's going top 11 there's going to have to a big early run on quarterbacks.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Rick Speilman (Vikings GM) rarely drafts Big 12 players in the 1st round.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Idk who this guy is but being able to throw the ball 60 yards doesn’t mean you have a cannon. Hell I can throw a football 55 yards but I by no means have a cannon.

Do you just follow me around and disagree with every Iowa State positive post I have?

Help Support Us

Become a patron