Gomez

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Prohm has recruited exactly zero impact immediately eligible transfers. Before somebody says Bolton, it wasn't exactly a sure thing he gets the waiver.
Does D-Jack not count?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Do us a favor and go somewhere else to have your little pitty party. Isn't there a "Fire Prohm" page for your kind?
Are you even an Iowa State fan? It’s clear you’re not familiar with the program, lack context, and have hastily read this thread. Please stop trolling, thanks!

Back on topic, I’m wondering if we see a lot more summer transfers this season. How everything going online impact things? Will there be some GTs that make late switches after not signing their financial aid agreements until they can actually visit?

With 4 open, I’d like to see us leave a spot, maybe two, open rather than sign guys lower than Perry/Buggs

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Almost every single thing you stated above has been hashed out on here a million times and provides nothing to the argument at this point in time. Also, I would say his hits have been too good in which they leave early and then so causes the "misses" to have to play. In the end it's on Prohm, that's for sure. His time is running out here.

And of course the timeline got moved but not in the direction you're thinking. It didn't move in a linear motion, rather it's now like a corkscrew. This whole thing is all sorts of messed up. Guys aren't able to speak face-to-face with their coaches or teammates to talk about the possibility of transferring. Guys are second guessing leaving their schools altogether. Visits are now being made virtually which is a tremendous factor as well. That all isn't even mentioning they're academic lives being thrown completely in a loop with having to transition to online classes, which probably has a pretty large effect on these guys that are trying to graduate this semester.

Great, until he changes the narrative, it is still the narrative. All the other schools that are receiving these transfers are dealing with the same thing we are. We arent in a vacuum.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Great, until he changes the narrative, it is still the narrative. All the other schools that are receiving these transfers are dealing with the same thing we are. We arent in a vacuum.
We absolutely are not, but look at where some of these guys are going. Back to their old school, a school in close proximity to their last, or a school that has a richer history in basketball than ours.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
We absolutely are not, but look at where some of these guys are going. Back to their old school, a school in close proximity to their last, or a school that has a richer history in basketball than ours.

Or teams that will be in the tournament next year, with a better coaching and roster situation.

We can all frame it anyway to support our arguments, but the facts that cant be argued are, we lost 20 games for the 2nd time in 3 years, lost 5 players, and have missed on ALL of our transfer targets to this point. Let me know when I can start worrying about the program.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Fast, spring recruiting isn’t Prohm’s strength imo. I’m not sure COVID19 hurts or helps this. At least now everyone is trying to figure out new ways to go about spring recruiting. It may be more about basketball fit this offseason?

One “surprise” commitment, that currently doesn’t seem likely, and everything looks better.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Or teams that will be in the tournament next year, with a better coaching and roster situation.

We can all frame it anyway to support our arguments, but the facts that cant be argued are, we lost 20 games for the 2nd time in 3 years, lost 5 players, and have missed on ALL of our transfer targets to this point. Let me know when I can start worrying about the program.
I'm not telling you what to do, just saying it may be helpful to wait a bit before jumping off a cliff. If we don't end up getting anyone of significance, I'll join you.

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls
Not that I'm about to add anything relevant to the thread either but it's worth mentioning that there has not been discussion including Terrell Gomez here since page 3 I think.

Why do so many threads get redirected to the same arguments against Coach Prohm?
What's the point of repeatedly posting the same things in barely related threads?

I don't think Coach is doing a good enough job either. And this will be the longest off-season for sports that any of us hopefully have to deal with. Let's try to cut down on injecting negativity everywhere.

Reactions: CTTB78

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Not that I'm about to add anything relevant to the thread either but it's worth mentioning that there has not been discussion including Terrell Gomez here since page 3 I think.

Why do so many threads get redirected to the same arguments against Coach Prohm?
What's the point of repeatedly posting the same things in barely related threads?

I don't think Coach is doing a good enough job either. And this will be the longest off-season for sports that any of us hopefully have to deal with. Let's try to cut down on injecting negativity everywhere.

OK. Fill me in on the positive talking points. On a thread where we missed out on another transfer target. Should we be excited we were in the last three?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Fast, spring recruiting isn’t Prohm’s strength imo. I’m not sure COVID19 hurts or helps this. At least now everyone is trying to figure out new ways to go about spring recruiting. It may be more about basketball fit this offseason?

One “surprise” commitment, that currently doesn’t seem likely, and everything looks better.
Everyone is recruiting through covid

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
OK. Fill me in on the positive talking points. On a thread where we missed out on another transfer target. Should we be excited we were in the last three?

Maybe just dont post anything instead?

Remember what your mama told you: if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all.

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls

Positive talking points - There are none here. I didn't say there were and won't try searching for any.
We missed out on another transfer target - Yes.
Should we be excited we were in the last three? - No.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
For crying out loud. How many thumb suckers do we have on this board? In my 40 plus years as a Cyclone, I've never heard so much whining.

From what I can tell of the record books and the stories from the grizzled veterans on here, I amazed these people did not shoot themselves considering "historical norms" for our basketball and football programs -- awful on both fronts. We might not like it, but we are historically a punching bag as an athletics program.

I do not even know how these people survived the 00s without ritualistic suicide. My tenure in Ames consisted of the 2005 football season and its failures and frustrations, the fall of Dan McCarney, the Gene Chizik experience, and Rhoads going 1/2 in making bowl games. Basketball... ugh, so terrible... consisted of the end of Wayne Morgan, the McDermott era, and one (albeit fun but not very competitive) Hoiberg team.

At least the women's basketball and volleyball teams were really good then.

I know men's basketball had a bad season last year, but we are *one year removed* from a #6 seed, winning the Big 12 tournament, and having a team so stocked with talent that we "should have" won the Big 12 regular season. Steve Prohm built that. He might never do it again, but saying this is as bad as it has been since 1980...

In those 40 plus years how have you not figured out the difference between whining and pointing out the ******* obvious?

The program is circling the drain, time to come to grips with it.

...is asinine. To the point you should apologize. We have way more recent program success and stability in football and basketball now than we did even 10-15 years ago, and never mind what the old timers tell me about the dark days of the 80s.

Last year's basketball team was not very good, but even it (and the other bad Prohm team with freshman Wigginton) was better than the best McDermott team.

Every thread in here ends up being about Trump, the Hawkeyes, or Prohm versus Hoiberg.

It's just a law of the universe. What goes up, must come down.