Gomez

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I have faith in Jesus Christ dying on the cross for our sins and being resurrected 3 days later.
I have NO faith in Steve Prohm to resurrect our dying basketball program in 3 days or 3 years.

Well, you then also believe in miracles. Might take one, but sign Carton and another stud (I said miracle) and we're drinking wine.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Yes. A thousand times yes.
You’re probably correct that Gomez is better, he’s a lethal shooter while not giving up much in facilitating to Foreman. But Foreman may narrow the gap some in the Big 12 due to physical attributes.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
You’re probably correct that Gomez is better, he’s a lethal shooter while not giving up much in facilitating to Foreman. But Foreman may narrow the gap some in the Big 12 due to physical attributes.

I suppose it is the difference between a guy who is all 5/10 ratings on every stat while the other guy is 9/10 on shooting but like 2-3/10 on everything else.

Which one is really more useful on your SNES...?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I suppose it is the difference between a guy who is all 5/10 ratings on every stat while the other guy is 9/10 on shooting but like 2-3/10 on everything else.

Which one is really more useful on your SNES...?
Good question, but the stats suggest Gomez 9/10 in shooting and also 5/10 in everything else, too, while in a slightly better conference. I don’t know what the models suggest, and is the degradation when playing at the high major level equitable?

Alas, unless California doesn’t allow sports, it’s moot. I just enjoy the underlying question- how does a small shooting guard fit on a team with two small guards and needing a pg? That question lingers for Foreman, Harris (and Gomez). I tend to default to elite shooting always having a big impact in today’s game.

Tre is the type of pg to need shooters imo. Last year he had Nixon, Jacobson, and Young.