***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Between a longtime college basketball addiction and looking for academic jobs, you learn a lot of schools.

Odessa was advertising heavily for years. It's apparently tough to get and keep people in Odessa.
The jewel of the south? No way.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Between a longtime college basketball addiction and looking for academic jobs, you learn a lot of schools.

Odessa was advertising heavily for years. It's apparently tough to get and keep people in Odessa.
Particularly right now! Russia and SA are going to see to it.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

Scratch that. I thought Northwestern Oklahoma State is where Dennis Rodman went. Nope it was Southeastern Oklahoma State.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

I'm from Odessa, it's in Odessa. -Strpper Cheech hooked up with in Tin Cup.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Wow, I can get behind this spin :)

32% in high school equates to what next year at the college 3P line? I’d guess it goes down a little, but maybe not. A 30% 3P shooter isn’t worth the downside of playing two bigs on defense. Why not just play a wing?

Fwiw, Jacobson was 32% on 3Ps at ISU.

I don't think Foster is the next coming of Kevin Durant but he isn't a typical ISU recruit. I might be wrong, but Foster might be our highest rated post recruit since Brackins.

Playing 2 posts doesn't have to be a defensive liability. The converse can also be true. Two posts can create mismatches as well. A little tough for a 6'6" guy to guard Conditt or Foster in the post.

There were a lot of very good teams that played 2 posts over 6'8" last year.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
I don't think Foster is the next coming of Kevin Durant but he isn't a typical ISU recruit. I might be wrong, but Foster might be our highest rated post recruit since Brackins.

Playing 2 posts doesn't have to be a defensive liability. The converse can also be true. Two posts can create mismatches as well. A little tough for a 6'6" guy to guard Conditt or Foster in the post.

Man to man may be rough with two 7' bigs, but zone done right could work. Key is to do something we haven't done in a long time, win the rebound battle.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010

Playing two posts doesn’t have to be a defensive liability, but two posts like Young and Foster under this staff will be imo.

Foster, as a freshman, isn’t posting up 6’6” forwards any better than Jacobson did last year. Imo, of course!

I’d be surprised if we have success with Foster seeing a lot of minutes at the 4. Maybe the staff makes it work

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron