Mike Gundy COVID Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
It's harder to justify cashing an $8M+ check if there's no season.
Seeing as he is the second highest paid state employee in Oklahoma, typically one of the poorest states in the nation to boot, I don’t blame him for taking a pro-football stance.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Nick Saban probably doesn't even know there's a virus and the university is closed.

One of my co-workers is an Alabama grad and he said that local papers/radio stations had to tell people "there wouldn't be a football season", if they didn't start staying the **** home. Since they started using that strategy the state is on lock down.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Nick Saban probably doesn't even know there's a virus and the university is closed.

One of my co-workers is an Alabama grad and he said that local papers/radio stations had to tell people "there wouldn't be a football season", if they didn't start staying the **** home. Since they started using that strategy the state is on lock down.

That's a very good strategy.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
You don't have to be knowledgeable. But you shouldn't be stupid.
As a friend of mine recently opined when talking about corona v and some people’s cavalier attitude regarding, you can’t fix stupid.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

This could be a tactic for several things and places. Not just for a lock down, but for people to really stay home.

If people want to get back to 'normal', stop acting like this is just going to go away.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
For the record, he clarified a lot of what he said. And, no, he doesn't want all of his players and families to die.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I agree, MG's view was a totally uniformed opinion to be sure!! My reason for replying in this thread is that it seemed to be going away from the Gundy story and starting to attack OAN. I am not defending them - but only wanted to point out that most of our media is using this C-Virus to hammer on their political opponents and often lie through omission or state outright lies/opinions not backed by facts (just like Gundy did & just like CBS did with its visual "look" inside a NYC hospital - when, in fact, the hospital scene was a SKY NEWS broadcast from ITALY).

Gundy has his right to his view, but hopefully he will be open to getting the facts to help him realize the seriousness of this pandemic.

This would have killed Dr. Hibbert.
Include something about civility now while you're rolling.

JCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 9, 2009
I'm not trying to throw every football coach under the bus but I don't expect many to have knowledgeable opinions about a pandemic.
Along with 99.8% of the population

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I'm not trying to throw every football coach under the bus but I don't expect many to have knowledgeable !opinions about a pandemic.
I expert them to listen to credible sources and place everybody's health #1, not $

Reactions: harimad

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I expert them to listen to credible sources and place everybody's health #1, not $
I should rephrase what I said, I would hope they would be knowledgeable but Lane Kiffin is repeatedly hired so my bar is low.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I would just like people to believe science.

I would like people who are able to understand science enough to not have to put blnd faith into science.

Seriously people this is not the Black Death.

Status
Not open for further replies.