Mike Gundy COVID Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
I have been a huge fan of Gundy because he is a straight shooter and I will always appreciate that. However, this makes me appreciate Campbell so much more. The longer this draws out, the better I feel it is for our program and programs like ours. It will show which programs have true leadership that is passed down to the student athlete and which programs have one leader. Idk why, but I am expecting our best season yet because Campbell has been preaching from day one of how to battle adversity.

Not following the logic. Do not see what this thought process has to do with stopping the big time difference play makers Okie State puts on the field every year.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Please keep this on topic of how stupid Mike Gundy is. Thanks.

Reactions: Angie

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Please keep this on topic of how stupid Mike Gundy is. Thanks.

EachAfraidGelada-max-1mb.gif

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Maybe he just knows his audience. A bunch of football fans from Oklahoma. They’re gonna lean right similar to how this forum on the whole leans right.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The misinformation of last month said it was an effective way to combat the coronavirus, so I’ve been running with it
Oh is that wrong? I've spent the last 18 years assuming it was true

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The misinformation of last month said it was an effective way to combat the coronavirus, so I’ve been running with it
Oh is that wrong? I've spent the last 18 years assuming it was true

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I don't think we're going to go the direction of having games without students on campus, but if we do, it's time to pay those kids as professionals. This whole idea is one more chance to drop this whole amateur charade.

They better not have games without fans. It's too dangerous for people to sit next to each other, but it's ok for a bunch of athletes to breathe, tackle and sweat/bleed all over each other? That would be incredibly stupid. Pro, college, whatever.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They better not have games without fans. It's too dangerous for people to sit next to each other, but it's ok for a bunch of athletes to breathe, tackle and sweat/bleed all over each other? That would be incredibly stupid. Pro, college, whatever.

Nah, you just give people a temp check before playing, and assume they're fine if they're not showing symptoms even though those without symptoms could be spreading it.

Apparently that's how we're getting back to normal.

By doing what got us here.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Nah, you just give people a temp check before playing, and assume they're fine if they're not showing symptoms even though those without symptoms could be spreading it.

Apparently that's how we're getting back to normal.

By doing what got us here.

They're going to have to do something like that though. If they get the antibody testing going and the hospitals settle down by the end of April, we need to open back up to some extent. Can't quarantine until they get a vaccine. Screw that. The country will collapse.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They're going to have to do something like that though. If they get the antibody testing going and the hospitals settle down by the end of April, we need to open back up to some extent. Can't quarantine until they get a vaccine. Screw that. The country will collapse.

I agree but I've only seen the antibody tests will be here maybe in May and it's still not known how much immunity there really is.

Sending people out right now and giving the message that if you feel fine, just go back to work is dangerous.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Honestly I think the deaths are important to talk about. Too often we ignore things like that. Thousands of people are dying in large part to incompetent government. That shouldn’t be ignored. A coworker with family in NY said they are as scared as they were after 9/11.

If this were as sudden and easy to see as 9/11 on a national view, people would be acting much different than they are in response.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I agree but I've only seen the antibody tests will be here maybe in May and it's still not known how much immunity there really is.

Sending people out right now and giving the message that if you feel fine, just go back to work is dangerous.

A lot of things are dangerous. Letting the United States collapse is more dangerous than a virus with a less then 1% death rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.