Gomez

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
While I will say I wasn't super excited about him I'm not sure we can afford to whiff on too many more guys with the number of open spots we have.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
giphy-downsized.gif

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Welp if this is true we are going to be pushing all our chips in on Turner and Aiken for the season.

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
CW, two questions for you:

(1) Maybe I misread his quotes, but it sure sounded like we are 4th for Aiken, and it now looks like we are 2nd-3rd for Turner. What are you hearing for Aiken and Turner?

(2) We appear to desperately need a PG and an additional scorer/shooter. If we miss on Aiken, Turner and Gomez, what do you see as the most important PG and scoring/shooting targets?

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I’ll be shocked if Aiken doesn’t go SH...

If we can land Turner we would be halfway to bring back imo..

I’m wondering if we have inside track to DJ Car?

but does DJ apply for waiver? Does he want to play this season?

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
CW, two questions for you:

(1) Maybe I misread his quotes, but it sure sounded like we are 4th for Aiken, and it now looks like we are 2nd-3rd for Turner. What are you hearing for Aiken and Turner?

(2) We appear to desperately need a PG and an additional scorer/shooter. If we miss on Aiken, Turner and Gomez, what do you see as the most important PG and scoring/shooting targets?
not sure what CW will say but I would assume the staff is trying to figure out plan C right now

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Not surprised, unfortunately. Steve isn't great at short term recruiting. He's much better at the long recruiting like THT, WIgginton, Foster, etc.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Not surprised, unfortunately. Steve isn't great at short term recruiting. He's much better at the long recruiting like THT, WIgginton, Foster, etc.
He does great in the fall, and in recruiting HS players. Like you said, not so great at the spring short term. He's always on these guys' radar it seems, but can't close the deal for whatever reason. This particular case with Gomez, being a West Coaster I kind of get it. Still, if there was ever a spring for Steve to step it up and reel in some big ones, it is now. His job depends on it, and so far he's failing. Gomez was not going to be the difference in us winning 13 games or 20 games next year, but he could have been a piece.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
This upcoming season will probably be the most pointless season in Iowa State basketball history.

And among the worst.
Somberly this is possible.

But if we land Turner and Buggs I’ll have hope. Also, will this recruiting cycle go on until kids are back on campus? Could be some late surprises!