This is why Prohm must go........

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
For some reason I get the sense JP is the type to be very reluctant to admit he was wrong. I imagine we are in for a long ride.

I wish JP was my boss. I could be a below average performer and instead of showing me the door he'd sh*t tweet at my customers.

I mean Prohm is in the best spot possible!

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
How so that was a worse season followed by another dud in 91?

Oh, I don’t know... Johnny Orr built a program from nothing and took it to new heights. That certainly buys a lot. Contrast that with Prohm who took a strong program and has led it down to where it is today.

Context always matters. These two situations did not occur in a vacuum.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
National rankings of the last three recruiting classes all with four players:

It's certainly better than last year's class on paper.

Yes, those rankings supported all my opinions on these classes. Unfortunately last years turned out to be overrated in the upper 50s.

• Funny
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
I don't think the Freshman will be the ones that determine how good next year's team is. It will be how well guys like Bolton, Johnson, Jackson, Young and Conditt progress and play. I think they need to really go after an immediate impact transfer or juco.
If we are relying on Bolton, Jackson, Young and Conditt to win conference games, we will be this years version of Oklahoma State...return a bunch of guys...still no good.

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
The returning talent is really low for next year. I don’t think it can be turned around next year unless we find at least 3 quality starters out of the fall and spring recruits.

• Informative
Reactions: CloneIce

isu83

May 5, 2010
Saturday kind of summed up the season. We are so bad that we got toasted by the only team in the conference with a worse record. It was not available on TV where I live and I was thankful for that. I love to watch ISU games and pull for them, but there is nothing to pull for this year.
Did you realize Bolton didn’t play? Of course they got beat.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I'm all for another year. However, I will say this year has moved the bar for next year for me to consider him as someone capable of running this program. He burned through alot of goodwill with this disaster.

The only person you know this is true for is you. Otherwise, you're speculating.