This is why Prohm must go........

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Are the four committed players average? Are they better than what is currently returning? Are you saying the recruiting services don't know how to properly rank classes?

In general they are the type of recruits you need to get every year to compete in the Big 12. Not elite but look like good pieces. I like their videos. Foster is the only one ranked real highly. Overall they look better than last years class, which frankly was a subpar class, to be charitable.

My take is they are Prohms 2nd best class. He has only had one real good class. Let’s hope this is another.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
Oklahoma State has the #1 ranked class in the Big 12 primarily because they have 1 great guy who happens to be the #1 recruit in the nation.. I would much rather have a solid all around class than a very top heavy one, being pulled up by one or two guys who are most likely done after a year or two.
I mean, the 3 other guys OSU has committed are ranked higher than the 3 other guys ISU has committed behind Foster

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: isu83 and Cyfanisu

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
In general they are the type of recruits you need to get every year to compete in the Big 12. Not elite but look like good pieces. I like their videos. Foster is the only one ranked real highly. Overall they look better than last years class, which frankly was a subpar class, to be charitable.

My take is they are Prohms 2nd best class. He has only had one real good class. Let’s hope this is another.

National rankings of the last three recruiting classes all with four players:

It's certainly better than last year's class on paper.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I agree, I'm just wondering how a frustrated fanbase is going to handle growing pains next year again.
Our fanbase can handle growing pains. That's part of the process and I think 95% of our fanbase understands that. What we don't like is when there is no growth at all or if there is a decline. I think all of us are excited how Solo has started playing, how Rasir Bolton has grown, and even how Grill and Jackson have sparingly succeeded. If next year's team gets better as the year goes on I think a majority of us fans will be happy with that because that usually means success is on the horizon whether that success be towards the end of the year next year or the following season.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Sure. Point still stands.

The point you just made about averages does stand whereas your previous point that all 3 of the them are ranked higher does not stand and was pointed out to you. Two separate points, one true, one false.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
The point you just made about averages does stand whereas your previous point that all 3 of the them are ranked higher does not stand and was pointed out to you. Two separate points, one true, one false.
No, that was not the point. The point was disputing Statefan10's point that he'd rather have our class than OSU's because ours has more "solid" players and not just one and dones. That's not true.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I agree, I'm just wondering how a frustrated fanbase is going to handle growing pains next year again.

With a little luck we have 3-4 more wins this year. Not that far of a reach to say we can win those close games next year and add another 3 maybe 4 to get 20 wins. They want to be frustrated with that......then you know it isn't about wins or losses. It's about their disdain for this coach whatever the reason.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
tenor.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't think the Freshman will be the ones that determine how good next year's team is. It will be how well guys like Bolton, Johnson, Jackson, Young and Conditt progress and play. I think they need to really go after an immediate impact transfer or juco.
That's key. Returning guys grow and get more comfortable with one another, bring in a high level transfer or JUCO guy, and a couple of the freshman sprinkle their talent into that group. I'm excited to see the make up of the team next year.