Xavier Foster Committed To Iowa State

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Xavier is the same type of recruit that has put Prohm and this program in this present predicament. He'll be exciting at times, frustrating at times, and will leave a lot of potential and what ifs on the court after he forgoes his final 2 years. Bombs away with the dumbs and dislikes. I'll be rooting for him like crazy to succeed, it just feels like I've seen this movie before

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Xavier is the same type of recruit that has put Prohm and this program in this present predicament. He'll be exciting at times, frustrating at times, and will leave a lot of potential and what ifs on the court after he forgoes his final 2 years. Bombs away with the dumbs and dislikes. I'll be rooting for him like crazy to succeed, it just feels like I've seen this movie before
So you think he shouldn't have recruited him then?

Reactions: isutrevman

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)

giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: CyberJJJ and NWICY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You take the great recruits if you can get them. The key is piecing guys around him that will develop and not leave early as well. Prohm knows Xavier's situation and shouldn't be caught off guard if/when he wants to leave in 2 years. If Xavier leaves and at the same time Blackwell and Dubar leave, then you have a problem, but saying "you shouldn't go after high end recruits because they leave early" is pretty outrageous.

Both THT and Lindell leaving early hurt us this season. For whatever reason, Prohm wasn't equipped for both of those things to happen. Tyrese is leaving early this year and we'd be much better with him on the team next year, but those young talented players leaving early helps recruiting. High level talented guys are choosing to come to Ames, Iowa to help them get to the pros and that's an awesome thing. With that being said, Prohm has to figure out how to whether the storm when that happens, or else Prohm's career here will be cut short.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Foster will be VERY good for the clones day 1. He is a tough mismatch of the offensive side and he is a strong defender. His effort will be a question until he’s in the NBA because he looks so nonchalant when he’s playing, but that is just his attitude and posture. He’s a little on the shy side, but he is playing hard, no question.

I’ve heard it from the man himself that his plan is to leave after two years no matter what, even if it’s to Europe. I don’t blame him.

This is the new era of collegiate sports. Prohm probably has realized to only expect players to stick around two years, so recruiting guys who can play well right away is super important (as opposed to high potential projects).

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Pella went on a 24-2 run to end the game... I hope Xavier Foster lives up to the hype but there is no way with a chance to go to state, a big time recruit is shut down the last quarter of a game. Especially in 3A... I don't care if it's lack of motivation or what. Doesn't really look good.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Pella went on a 24-2 run to end the game... I hope Xavier Foster lives up to the hype but there is no way with a chance to go to state, a big time recruit is shut down the last quarter of a game. Especially in 3A... I don't care if it's lack of motivation or what. Doesn't really look good.
So what's the full story here.. Was he double teamed, triple teamed? Did he turn it over a bunch? Miss a ton of shots?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Relax well see how it works out for XF at ISU, he is game should transfer well to Prohm system and one game won't change that opinion for me.
Tough loss for XF and his team they are disappointed enough to not kick him while he's down about what is does or doesn't mean for ISU next year. It could end up helping him focus on his weaknesses and improve this summer as being some kind of trait that follows him to ISU.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
I’ve said this to many people. I believe Henry and Born will have a better college career then Foster. Henry is like Doug McDermott was at Ames. Over shadowed by a player with more hype. He is going to do real well at the college level. Born will also be a top level player.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Relax well see how it works out for XF at ISU, he is game should transfer well to Prohm system and one game won't change that opinion for me.
Tough loss for XF and his team they are disappointed enough to not kick him while he's down about what is does or doesn't mean for ISU next year. It could end up helping him focus on his weaknesses and improve this summer as being some kind of trait that follows him to ISU.

I'm relaxed... And not kicking him while he is down. Just pointing out the facts of the game there.

I hope it helps him... And he works on his weaknesses. I saw him play 5 times the last 2 years against Norwalk. I know he is working on his outside game to help him be better at college, but Pella doesn't have the size inside that would be able to stop him. In a game like that use that to your advantage and get your team to state.

Oskaloosa was not that good this year, but they could of won a few more games if they played to their strengths instead of having a 7 ft shooting guard.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’ve said this to many people. I believe Henry and Born will have a better college career then Foster. Henry is like Doug McDermott was at Ames. Over shadowed by a player with more hype. He is going to do real well at the college level. Born will also be a top level player.
So Henry is going to end up being one of the best college basketball players of all time and make a career in the NBA? I'll take that bet with you.

Also no one truly knows who's going to have a better college career.. I mean Bohannon is going to end up having a better college career than Tyrese Halliburton, but one guy's going to end up in the NBA and one is probably going to have a career overseas.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Probably, Born will be at UNI for four years though. Xavier may make it two if lucky. Not a great comparison, buddy boy. And good luck to Born when he actually plays a high major team. He'll get slaughtered on both ends.

You ever watch a possession of his team? woof. Foster kept them in games. They were awful.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk

I was impressed with Henry last year... I'll reserve judgement from making that bold of a statement though.

Born... Man, I watched every home game the last 2 years. I understand the knocks on him, but it's from people that haven't watched him more then once. Or people on this board trying to defend Prohm not recruiting him. Which I get. But common myths about Born.

Too Short- Can dunk easy and has finished over Foster many times with ease

Can't get shots off taller people- usually double and sometimes tripled team with a taller guy. Still gets the shot off.

Never passes- watch more then 1 game. In games where he needed to he has. Last night against DCG was a perfect example.

Volume scorer- Look at efficiency numbers.

Norwalk without Born might be at best a .500 team. And that is pushing it. We have some good pieces but nothing that would stand alone without Born.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron