Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
@VeloClone, nicely done on that spammer. It looks like most of his threads were deleted. I was wondering if I was going to need to swing by Lenexa on my way home and leave a flaming bag of poo on their doorstep.

Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Daughter has a list of classes that can cross over from the CC if she chooses to take them next year. They have "hub" classes that don't get you very far so I have sifted through and found 4 classes that would have to be online and would cross over, 2 per semester. She would go to ISU with 24 credits if she did this. The one at her HS that is supposed to help her really struggles with this (although he believes he has it buttoned down well). She would have one less credit than my son had but have a study hall her senior year and not have to travel to another school, unlike my son.

Nothing like having a solid course of action for your kid, but admins fight it because it is not their idea.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Daughter has a list of classes that can cross over from the CC if she chooses to take them next year. They have "hub" classes that don't get you very far so I have sifted through and found 4 classes that would have to be online and would cross over, 2 per semester. She would go to ISU with 24 credits if she did this. The one at her HS that is supposed to help her really struggles with this (although he believes he has it buttoned down well). She would have one less credit than my son had but have a study hall her senior year and not have to travel to another school, unlike my son.

Nothing like having a solid course of action for your kid, but admins fight it because it is not their idea.
Daughter already finished one class that she can use for college credit first tri of her freshman year. She checked on her own that ISU will honor the course. :D

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I've heard a rumor that he stuffs those pillows with baby seal fur. He likes to club them to death himself.

Does he bring the seal back to Mn and then club them or does he polish them off before transporting? I have never seen a seal in Minnesota so this is assuming he doesn't raise them himself.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Honestly, I was not a big fan of the mail order brides ads that I used to get, but they are preferable to this person getting ear wax pulled out or their ear. That's disgusting.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I won a free 4x6 custom art drawing due to liking a friends FB page she suggested. The artist sent it last Wednesday to my work address. I have not seen it yet. I'm debating if I should let him know or not. :(

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I won a free 4x6 custom art drawing due to liking a friends FB page she suggested. The artist sent it last Wednesday to my work address. I have not seen it yet. I'm debating if I should let him know or not. :(

It may take a week depending on how its shipped and where it came from.

Reactions: cyrevkah

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I wondered if it might take that long. It was coming from DSM though. So depending on the sorting I should see maybe by Thursday then.

If Dsm, I would think it would hit sooner. Monday was a "holiday" so if it went out late on Wednesday it may not have truly hit until thursday, so it could be then. I would probably give it until thursday or friday and then check.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Unless you know what it is going to look like, you might want to hold off on opening it until you get it home. It might be NSFW...

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Does he bring the seal back to Mn and then club them or does he polish them off before transporting? I have never seen a seal in Minnesota so this is assuming he doesn't raise them himself.
I think it is like a pilgrimage to the ice flows of the north where he can get his Sgt. Donnie Donowitz on. Hopefully the polar bears get him one of these years.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.