Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Somehow LittleWx is now 5. He barely made it with how he has been at bedtime lately. Last night was especially bad so we are going to try and change up some stuff tonight.

On the bright side the weather looks to be making the turn to spring!

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
According to ESPN Kansas is playing the Hawkeyes tonight. You would think the "world wide leader in sports" would know the difference.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
According to ESPN Kansas is playing the Hawkeyes tonight. You would think the "world wide leader in sports" would know the difference.
They've been talking about damn near EVERYTHING but the game. Including interviewing the frat boy that made a face at a Doke dunk last week. Geesh.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I kind of pride myself on not letting little things get to me and whatnot but I have a coworker who is about to drive me up the wall. Going to spend a bit of time trying to eloquently state "I have done what I can and honestly it is not a problem for me so if you see an issue feel free to get more involved/take care of it yourself instead of telling me to."

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Dang - I was focused on the kewl hawk & bars on his t-shirt...almost missed the remains of his sweats that look like a pair of super saggy Jennifer Beals leggings.
That was the triple OT game back in 2011?
Apparently he decided it was too hot that day and just hacked off his pants right there.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The old say of work smarter, not harder. I want to remind a few people I deal with that both is possible.

Quite often they think they are working smarter because they are just sitting there doing very little.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Note to self, don't listen to wife about driving or weather ever again. Wife told me yesterday to push my appointment back to today, too slick out. So today I get to drive 55 miles on 90% snow and ice covered roads on the way there. They were all state highways so they were tolerable. On the way home I had to divert to finish the job on some county black tops. They were 100% ice covered and looked to be a couple inches thick.

I drove the diesel pickup and had 4x4 locked in for basically the whole trip. Even spinning with that at stop signs. Caught myself starting to whip sideways at an intersection for some reason but kept it out of the ditch. Only positive if I would have ditched there is I know a guy who lives a half mile down the road fairly well. 2 hour job took 4 hours today.

Yesterday the roads cleared off by the time I would have had to go.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The old say of work smarter, not harder. I want to remind a few people I deal with that both is possible.

Quite often they think they are working smarter because they are just sitting there doing very little.
I was at the bar drinking beer and the owner was rearranging some tables. I went over and helped. I told him that way I could burn the calories off as I was putting them in. I was drinking smarter, not harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.