So I had a vasectomy yesterday

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Either way, you still have to cut to get in there, no scalpel just means scissors.

I think "no scalpel" is just marketing to get some big pansies in to get it done. Would you rather they start pinching and pulling until they feel something pop?

I had the "regular" version done by Dr. Pollpeter (yes, really) in Marshalltown and didn't think it was too bad. The reversal was much worse - it's a 3-4 hour procedure that you're awake for with your legs spread wide. They give you good drugs so you're loopy enough to not feel anything down there, but the leg and back cramps got really bad for the last 30 minutes or so. And it was WAY more expensive, and it didn't work. So now we're getting licensed to be foster parents. We have three bio-kids, from 10 to 7.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Oh man. Mine was awful. I swoll up and turned black and blue. Forgive the racial stereotype, but my wife commented, "now I know what it feels like to be married to a black man". Turns out I had a reaction to the stitches. When I went back to the doc he said "you're kinda the bull on the block". Which I quickly agreed to of course.

In any case, I frequently had a lot of pain after sex for several years. It was a bad deal.

My pain after sex is usually watching my wife cry. It makes me sad.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Either way, you still have to cut to get in there, no scalpel just means scissors.

My guy used a hole punch.

I was scalpel-less and pain free until the following weak. With no discomfort I went back to the gym and most likely overdid it with the scrotum curls.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Had mine done three weeks ago to the day. It hurt. Like someone posted above, non scalpel doesn't mean much. The doctor still makes the incisions, just with surgical scissors instead. There was bruising and swelling for just over a week. I couldn't work out for two weeks due to the discomfort. And the hair growing back is still kind of driving me crazy. There's a lot of pinching and itching when the short and curlys are too short and not curly enough. If it turns out to have not taken when I have things checked out in a couple months, I'm not sure I'd go through it again.

So I guess it's different for everyone. Good luck if you're planning on having one.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Had mine done three weeks ago to the day. It hurt. Like someone posted above, non scalpel doesn't mean much. The doctor still makes the incisions, just with surgical scissors instead. There was bruising and swelling for just over a week. I couldn't work out for two weeks due to the discomfort. And the hair growing back is still kind of driving me crazy. There's a lot of pinching and itching when the short and curlys are too short and not curly enough. If it turns out to have not taken when I have things checked out in a couple months, I'm not sure I'd go through it again.

So I guess it's different for everyone. Good luck if you're planning on having one.

Perfect time to do finally do some manscaping. Ask you SO, I am sure that would be his/her preference.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Perfect time to do finally do some manscaping. Ask you SO, I am sure that would be his/her preference.

I've got no problem with trimming and grooming, but I don't like the idea of a straight razor down there. Seems like you're just asking for a cut that's going to bleed a lot. I'm leaving the boys alone. They've been through enough.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Been thinking about this recently. Not looking to have kids for 5 years or so, if ever. Anyone else have good/bad experiences?

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I looked into the vasectomy process and it didn't look toooooo bad but it didn't look friendly either.

Christ knows I don't want another baby and I'd like to just swing my **** without worrying about it

But......I just can't make the jump yet

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Mine was a piece of cake. Back at work next day.

However, 90 percent of vasectomy stories your hear reference a piece of fruit at some point. Oranges, grapefruit, etc.

Just saying.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I had a little discomfort (truly, it wasn't bad at all) and the bag of frozen peas worked nicely. After a day or so it was gone.

I did pull a little prank on my urologist though.....I went in for a check-up and put about half a bottle of Jergens lotion in a Ziploc bag. When he asked me if I was suffering any after-effects, I produced the bag and said, "Not really, but every time I ejaculate now, this......" He thought it was hilarious.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I looked into the vasectomy process and it didn't look toooooo bad but it didn't look friendly either.

Christ knows I don't want another baby and I'd like to just swing my **** without worrying about it

But......I just can't make the jump yet

SAME. I turn 52 in a couple weeks. Most of the women I'm dating are still under 40 and some have still talked about having another kid. I think I need to take the risk out of it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 2020cy

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Worst part was the hot young nurse that walked into the room to shave the area!

small incision no pain, right back to work. Brother in law who worked for the state had to take 3 days off due to the pain. What a pansy $&@!!

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It wasn't bad at all. The biggest benefit is the reduced mood swings from the wife due to birth control.

• Informative
Reactions: cstrunk

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Worst part was the hot young nurse that walked into the room to shave the area!

small incision no pain, right back to work. Brother in law who worked for the state had to take 3 days off due to the pain. What a pansy $&@!!

SHE had to shave the area? Dude... you need to clean that **** up on the regular. Manscape that trash!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron