Weather Thread - 1/16 to 1/18

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I really hope this storm doesn't turn out to be a dud. A good 3-4 inches on top of what's already on the ground would go a long way to guarantee a couple weeks of cross country skiing conditions. Make it 6-8 and I can break out the snow shoes.

If we are getting the moisture anyway, I don't know why anyone would prefer rain/freezing rain over pure snow.
Yeah, give me the snow any day. Snow = a nuisance. Freezing rain = deadly.

• Agree
Reactions: Tri4Cy

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
For that dude that was trying to tell me DSM and CBus are the same thing weather-wise...I’m looking out the window at my green grass.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
Have some raspberry liqueur with it. Has that PBJ effect. It's either very rich or very sweet. Flavor wise the PB whiskey is awesome. Need to find a mixer that tones down the rich sweet flavor though.
I pour a full shot of the screwball and a half shot of banana liqueur and mix them together, that’s a tasty shot right there. 3 or 4 of those and you’ll be feeling pretty good.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
For that dude that was trying to tell me DSM and CBus are the same thing weather-wise...I’m looking out the window at my green grass.
Yeah, I'm sure you'll be wearing shorts and flip flops with the snow in the forecast and high of 23 on Sunday. Our sh!t rolls downhill to you.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Yeah, I'm sure you'll be wearing shorts and flip flops with the snow in the forecast and high of 23 on Sunday. Our sh!t rolls downhill to you.

And then it’s 45 and the snow melts. Im not saying it’s Fort Lauderdale. Why do people get so touchy when I say Iowa weather sucks and Columbus winters are easier than DSM?

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
KCCI and TWC showing 5 to 8 inches tomorrow with an additional 1 to 3 inches tomorrow night.
Now a winter storm warning. So the locals are starting to parrot the nationals. Be interesting to see how this plays out. The NWS is even hinting at issuing a blizzard warning for north and central Iowa.

• Winner
Reactions: isu81

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Is this thread the portion of CF that’s like corner of the HS dance with all dudes talking about girls but never actually talking to one and then eventually leaving early to get drunk in the parking lot?

I’ve never felt more at home here before.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I have no idea why he brags about Columbus Ohio so much on here. Nobody living here in Iowa is jealous.

People in Arizona are the only people I'm jealous of this time of year.

Ohio has bigger cities, but outside of that it's like eastern Iowa on steroids.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

ruflosn

Dec 21, 2008
tenor.gif