Weather Thread - 1/16 to 1/18

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
I've had it. Not sure i could have more than one or two at a time, it's a tad rich for me, but the flavor is spot on. Could be deadly, it masks that whiskey taste pretty effectively.
I tried a salted caramel whiskey during christmas that was about the same effect, way to rich to drink straight but good mixed with a coke or pepsi.

I've seen it at Hy-Vee.
unfortunately the closest Hy-Vee is an hr away, will have to look for it next time were back in Ankeny I guess.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I've had it. Not sure i could have more than one or two at a time, it's a tad rich for me, but the flavor is spot on. Could be deadly, it masks that whiskey taste pretty effectively.

Have some raspberry liqueur with it. Has that PBJ effect. It's either very rich or very sweet. Flavor wise the PB whiskey is awesome. Need to find a mixer that tones down the rich sweet flavor though.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Have some raspberry liqueur with it. Has that PBJ effect. It's either very rich or very sweet. Flavor wise the PB whiskey is awesome. Need to find a mixer that tones down the rich sweet flavor though.

giphy.gif

I'm an old codger who actually likes the taste of bourbon.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
When DQ dropped raspberry from their topping list, I quit going to DQ and go to Culver's now.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Q: Why is sex like snow?
A: Because you never know how much you are going to get.
:cool:

Something about strength of the cold air.....will it relax for the nose of moist warm air....how far into the cold air that will get....the turbulence that process creates for a swirling whirlwind to bomb out and dump it's moisture. Yeah.....something like that.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I really hope this storm doesn't turn out to be a dud. A good 3-4 inches on top of what's already on the ground would go a long way to guarantee a couple weeks of cross country skiing conditions. Make it 6-8 and I can break out the snow shoes.

If we are getting the moisture anyway, I don't know why anyone would prefer rain/freezing rain over pure snow.