Weather Thread - 1/16 to 1/18

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Drove back from Chicago yesterday on I-80. Shortly after coming into Iowa, a big SUV was trying to merge in front of a semi. Rather than slow down and merge behind the semi, the SUV tried to speed up and then started losing control. It wasn't yet too slippery, but he did a 180 in front of the semi. I was in the left lane just a little bit behind the semi trying to give him room to move over if he needed to. The SUV eventually got some grip and shot over into the median and then looked like it was going to come back in the road. Fortunately, it stopped in the median and the semi and us just drove by. Quite the freaky experience. Sorry no video.

Anybody know how to get urine stains out of car upholstery? Asking for a friend.
Sure it wasn't poop?

• Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I'm in Marion and glad I cleared my drive today. I cleared my back porch and part of the yard last night for the dog, which now that area is iced over. My drive had ice/harder snow on top, which was no issue for my snowblower, leaving a driveway without ice.
You shovel your yard for your dog?

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Drove back from Chicago yesterday on I-80. Shortly after coming into Iowa, a big SUV was trying to merge in front of a semi. Rather than slow down and merge behind the semi, the SUV tried to speed up and then started losing control. It wasn't yet too slippery, but he did a 180 in front of the semi. I was in the left lane just a little bit behind the semi trying to give him room to move over if he needed to. The SUV eventually got some grip and shot over into the median and then looked like it was going to come back in the road. Fortunately, it stopped in the median and the semi and us just drove by. Quite the freaky experience. Sorry no video.

Anybody know how to get urine stains out of car upholstery? Asking for a friend.
my only real **** my pants driving moment was some where in Indiana driving back from Jacksonville NC in a snow/ice storm. was going over a river bridge in the right lane at about 40mph with 2 semis flying up in the left lane. first semi passes and the wind blast off of it hits my trailer I was towing and all of a sudden I am almost 45 deg. going down the interstate with my nose in the left lane and trailer almost swiping the bridge. how I pulled that back out I honestly don't know. immediately pulled off at the next exit and checked out everything in the trailer and calmed down a bit.

• Winner
Reactions: Cycsk

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Down here on the border I would guess we got 3 to 4 inches with a nice coating of sleet or rain that put down a hard coating on the top of the snow and stopped it from drifting. Played hell with the snow blower, with all the ice on top, but got it finished in record time.