KXNO/iHeart Layoffs

CydeOut

Nov 21, 2009
Kansas
Anybody have an update on how the 4pm show opened today for those of us out of the Des Moines area???

I kept the iHeart app long enough to stick around because I wanted to hear the show open, but of course, iHeart censored it like they did Ken earlier today. Show came on with Songer saying “that’s all we’re gonna say about that”.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Anybody have an update on how the 4pm show opened today for those of us out of the Des Moines area???

I kept the iHeart app long enough to stick around because I wanted to hear the show open, but of course, iHeart censored it like they did Ken earlier today. Show came on with Songer saying “that’s all we’re gonna say about that”.

Wow that is some petty **** by iheart.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015

He just spoke about the elephant in the room, everyone hurting, they will always be his brothers, ..., but wouldn't talk aboit it

Ps, i tuned in for a few minutes right at 4 out of curiosity. Just looking for answers as to what is going on. For the record, I'll follow the guys to whatever radio station picks them up.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I thought the same thing....and I know this is Cyclone based, but figure out a way to get some of this talent on some podcasts

I think it is more of an opportunity to reach out to advertisers looking to spend their budget in the local market that no longer have a local market.

Reactions: CapnCy

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Local news could get a really good story if they started calling around to all of KXNO advertisers to see how many are pulling ads now that 2 popular local shows are gone. Lot of those personalities that were let go brought some of those in or did spot ads endorsements

Local news is in the same boat though. Owned by a huge out of state company where good on air talent doesn't matter. Its really sad for all of good local media go down the drain because nothing to ran local anymore. Not all markets are the same but big companies think they are.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
If 1700 was smart they hire everyone laid off and make 1460 irrelevant.

Why would they do that. That group fired most of the good local talent 5 years ago or so. None of the stations have been the same since. They changed them to a national blueprint and after they went broke again tried to make it the way it was before the change. The damage was already done.

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
Why would they do that. That group fired most of the good local talent 5 years ago or so. None of the stations have been the same since. They changed them to a national blueprint and after they went broke again tried to make it the way it was before the change. The damage was already done.
The talent that left KXNO was way better than 1700 had in my opinion.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I mean this with humor to lighten the situation, but

200.gif
mF03gCe.gif

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: mj4cy and Doc

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think it is more of an opportunity to reach out to advertisers looking to spend their budget in the local market that no longer have a local market.

correct. You’ve got a product already being listened to by a LOT of central Iowans. Williams can start being a mogul

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
“Stand with Chris” The next CF shirts. Picture of him all buff and climbing to the top of a mountain. Amirite?

Reactions: Cycsk

Cy94

Nov 11, 2011
Adam Carolla created a successful podcast network after being fired from radio.

I have to think that there is enough talent from KXNO to form something equivalent for Iowa sports and entertainment.