To all the Prohm Haters...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I'm really glad that people can keep their level of snarkiness down during a disappointing season.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
And you know who you are...

Coach Fred Hoiberg, for as much of a legend as he deservedly is, will NEVER coach at Iowa State again, and the sooner you dumba$$es can get that through your thick skulls the better.

Steve Prohm is our coach. He may not have played basketball at Iowa State or be the hometown hero, but he is our coach. And he is a very good coach. Is he perfect or beyond reproach or above criticism? Of course not.

But he is our coach, and if you cannot support him or the program as long as he coaches, and if you hate him so much that you never post on here after big victories like tonight or against Kansas but take the time to scream for his head after a loss like against KSU, guess what? You are NOT a Cyclone fan and whatever ISU apparel you might own needs to be donated to kids in Africa. Time to be a fan of Iowa State, not a fan of one man.

Rant over. Had to get it off my chest.

Still amazing to me that this stupid of a post ended up with as many positive ratings as it did.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Still amazing to me that this stupid of a post ended up with as many positive ratings as it did.
200.webp

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Moore's law seems to apply more to people hiding behind the pen ridiculing a group of kids playing their butts off. And it's often the smallest minority with the loudest mouths who are tarnishing the reputation of what was once an incredible fan base. I, like, most decent fans stay away from these places after losses because of the people who have nothing better to do than spew negativity. Sorry CycloneFanatic, but negative posters are not helping your readership. So, I'll disappear for awhile ... again. MY BAD. I shouldn't be so optimistic things will change.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I can't tell if I'm high, sober, dead, alive, really drunk, or dreaming when looking at this thread. Everywhere I look I find trolling, absurdist takes, or just weird ****. Gonna treasure this thread before it gets locked tomorrow

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
And you know who you are...

Coach Fred Hoiberg, for as much of a legend as he deservedly is, will NEVER coach at Iowa State again, and the sooner you dumba$$es can get that through your thick skulls the better.

Steve Prohm is our coach. He may not have played basketball at Iowa State or be the hometown hero, but he is our coach. And he is a very good coach. Is he perfect or beyond reproach or above criticism? Of course not.

But he is our coach, and if you cannot support him or the program as long as he coaches, and if you hate him so much that you never post on here after big victories like tonight or against Kansas but take the time to scream for his head after a loss like against KSU, guess what? You are NOT a Cyclone fan and whatever ISU apparel you might own needs to be donated to kids in Africa. Time to be a fan of Iowa State, not a fan of one man.

Rant over. Had to get it off my chest.

“Like Prohm or you’re not a real fan” thread 1,482