2019-2020 Computer Projections Thread

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I can't believe people are still talking NCAA tournament and 10-8 at this point.

Argeed. 17-12 (10-8) would likely not even be enough. That boat anchor of a loss to Florida A&M would likely require 2 more wins to get to 19-10.

Florida A&M is a really, really, really ******* bad loss.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Argeed. 17-12 (10-8) would likely not even be enough. That boat anchor of a loss to Florida A&M would likely require 2 more wins to get to 19-10.

Florida A&M is a really, really, really ******* bad loss.

West Virginia just beat Ohio State the other night. So IMO they have 9 games out of 19 left that would require pulling a monumental upset. Thats counting Baylor, KU, Tech, West Virginia twice, then the road game at Auburn.

Winning in Austin is probably out as even our best teams have struggled down there. Oklahoma State seems improved so thats probably another loss down there. I dont know much about Oklahoma or TCU but I would guess we have a shot to win at least 1 or 2 out of the 4. K-State looks as bad as us so maybe they could sweep them.

I thought they would finish about 7-11 when I first looked at the schedule, but that seems like a long shot right now if you break the schedule down. I think realistically we are looking at another 4-14 season.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The one thing Prohm teams have always had is elite PG play, starting from Canaan and Payne through to Morris, Weiler-Babb, and now Haliburton.

Take that away, and we saw what happened.
It’s Prohm’s best attribute. And given the importance of pg play, it’s a strength that can nearly carry a program.

Take elite pg play away and we see just how mediocre the rest of Prohm’s coaching is? Imo we primarily lost that game for reasons other than the offense lacking elite pg play. Things that are consistently weaknesses, but such pg play is great lipstick.

We’ve had worse offensive games with Haliburton, but not a worse defensive outing imo. Haliburton is a good defender in terms of gaining possessions, so he would have helped there too.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well, it worked for Larry... Gilloolying people can be fun, right?

The one thing Prohm teams have always had is elite PG play, starting from Canaan and Payne through to Morris, Weiler-Babb, and now Haliburton.

Take that away, and we saw what happened.

Haliburton is like a Blastoise out there compared to the rest of our players being a bunch of Squirtles. We are going to win some games in the Big 12 with him. Just how many is the question, and unless we get to 10-8 (and maybe have some help with a few wins in Kansas City), then we are probably outside looking in.
The Pokemon reference was superb. 10/10.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Even prior to the FAMU or Iowa games, on paper, @TCU looked like one we had to win to make the tourney. Going to need to pick that one up somewhere else, the positive spin is, the bottom 6 of the league is a pillow fight. There are winnable road games out there.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I think there is a lot of potential for growth, this team might be pretty good by the end of the season. I just fear it’ll be too late for it to matter.

Reactions: heitclone

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Dear @Sigmapolis

Where do you get off? Part of a balanced posting style and statistics? Who do you think you are?

By now, you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. @Sigmapolis, do not change a thing.

Thank you. That is very nice of you.

I have said this before, but it rings truly ever day. In the Twentieth Century, the men in the gray flannel suits on Madison Avenue figured out that sex sells. In the 21st, the purveyors of social media in the Bay Area and "traditional" media in Los Angeles and New York figured out that rage sells. The Internet and those business models run on anger.

Unfortunately, how strongly you emote does not justify the validity of your opinions. The world is complex, and I try to look at it in its own complex ways.

I'm at the point where this is what I'll be looking for. Give us something positive to take away from this year.

I will echo this but add one thing to it --

Tyrese is a monster. I would like to see something positive from the other guys on the roster, particularly Conditt and Bolton, who likely need to be our two best players and all-conference next level next season if we are to amount to anything.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Thank you. That is very nice of you.

I have said this before, but it rings truly ever day. In the Twentieth Century, the men in the gray flannel suits on Madison Avenue figured out that sex sells. In the 21st, the purveyors of social media in the Bay Area and "traditional" media in Los Angeles and New York figured out that rage sells. The Internet and those business models run on anger.

Unfortunately, how strongly you emote does not justify the validity of your opinions. The world is complex, and I try to look at it in its own complex ways.

I will echo this but add one thing to it --

Tyrese is a monster. I would like to see something positive from the other guys on the roster, particularly Conditt and Bolton, who likely need to be our two best players and all-conference next level next season if we are to amount to anything.

Conditt and Bolton absolutely.

Also considering how much SP seems to like Tre Jackson, I’ll be watching him develop as well

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The good news --

We were supposed to lose that game anyways, so it did not hurt our projection much.

The bad news --

Basically everything else, and our projections are still a downer.

The path is there if we catch fire in the second half of the Big 12 season when the schedule because significantly easier. The team has some talent.

It is just not coming together right now for a bevy of reasons.

upload_2020-1-9_13-0-18.png

upload_2020-1-9_13-0-44.png

The next two home games are MUST wins for any sort of postseason.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
To quote Meatloaf --

Out of the frying pan and into the fire
And into the fire, fire, fire,

upload_2020-1-12_12-33-51.png

We still might turn this around.

I also wanted to highlight the advanced box score for last night --

upload_2020-1-12_12-34-41.png

-- having three guards pulling their weight changes everything
-- Lewis had an alright performance and probably deserves a solid spot in the rotation after that, but we should not anoint him with the expectations of savior
-- I am still glad to see the young man finally having an impact on the team, however, and it seems he is popular with the other guys, so that is great
-- so glad to see Conditt starting, Jacobson relegated to minimal minutes at the 4, and for Prohm to acknowledge he has three centers on the roster

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron