*** Official IOWA STATE VS TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Looking at maybe a 3-15 record in league play at this point. Certainly the worst team in the league. I wasn’t thinking we were a lock for the tournament before the season but that we would be a bubble team. Yeah, no. So so many stupid decisions made. It is like there is a fundamental mistake made on almost every possession. Going under screens, not handling the ball cleanly, never hitting a pass accurately without a correction needed, bailing out struggling opposing offenses. We have a half-dimensional offense and can’t hit anything other than a Haliburton set shot 3.

Am I being too negative? Eh, I don’t think so at this point. I’ve been a huge Prohm guy but this team lacks any sense of urgency (without losing control) and certainly has no killer instinct. They play like they just expect they are going to win, as though we have superior talent to others. That isn’t going to work. It can be fun at times to watch Tyrese and George but that’s about it. Extremely underwhelmed with the rest of our roster.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
On the plus side, if you've wanted to go to the big 12 tournament for cheap, wednesday tickets are usually only like $5 on stubhub.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I'd say you wait until they get closer to half court. Sounds like an execution problem.
You can't foul on the inbound. They will call an intentional.

So when the announcers were saying foul immediately, they didn't mean it? With the way TCU was shooting 3s tonight, I certainly would have taken my chances fouling early. And I wouldn't have had any player of ours past the 3 point line defending. Prohm ****** up again.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby and Lineup

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
So @isufbcurt. You’d rather Conditt risk putting him on the line than take a three from the logo? Alright.

No. I'd rather been in the hip pocket of Samual when he set the screen so he could hedge. If he fouled him at that point the TCU guy wasn't shooting yet. Plus if George was in Samuals hip pocket he could have alerted Bolton about the screen.

• Creative
Reactions: xboxfever

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I played fb with a LB that 90% didn't execute his assignment. It's wasn't coach Skladany's fault he couldn't grasp an easy concept.

I get that, but who is ultimately responsible for the player playing in the first place?

**** happens and poor execution happens, but when it continues to be an issue over and over again...

• Winner
Reactions: xboxfever

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
They were supposed to foul just past half court, but bolton was screened and George wasn't close enough to the screener. That's not on Prohm, that's on the players not executing what was drawn up.
I wonder if Conditt was the right person to be on the court in that situation? We didn’t need a rim protector as they weren’t going to shoot a layup. We needed perimeter defenders on the court.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
You didn’t play or watch a lot of basketball did you? You a wrestler?

Why would you not foul right away then? Once they get to half court it's a lot easier for this exact thing to happen once they get a full head of steam running down the court.. So tell me.. Why not foul?

And I actually watch a LOT of basketball. So please enlighten me.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So when the announcers were saying foul immediately, they didn't mean it? With the way TCU was shooting 3s tonight, I certainly would have taken my chances fouling early. And I wouldn't have had any player of ours past the 3 point line defending. Prohm ****** up again.

If you read through this thread you will find evidence of witnesses to Prohm saying to foul.

Prohm's plans and his offensive identity are questionable, but the last ten seconds of this game probably look way better for him if his players listen.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I get that, but who is ultimately responsible for the player playing in the first place?

**** happens and poor execution happens, but when it continues to be an issue over and over again...

Ok so we don't want George playing in crunch time but yet the board is hooting and hollering for him to start? They came right from a timeout, it's on the player as they were just instructed what to do.