*** Official IOWA STATE VS TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

clones8232

Jun 5, 2015
Absolutely terrible loss. Should not have gotten to OT in the first place, but we were absolutely awful in OT anyway. Particularly Hali. Hero ball killed him late-game when there simply wasn't a need for it.

can’t keep running the same high pick and roll when Bolten was absolutely abusing them off the dribble

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
It was bad execution. They were supposed to foul but the guard let the screener stop them and then Bolton couldn’t get to him to foul him. Whichever guard that was should have blown up the pic and got the foul called there.

8 seconds is too much time to foul. I'll take my chances on basically a half court shot. TCU got lucky, and we stink. It is what it is.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don’t understand Jackson playing over Lewis when Lewis can at least hit those wide open 3s

Jackson's defense I think was pretty good.

That doesn't clear up why Lewis would play 36 minutes Tuesday, and 0 today.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
He definitely told them to foul because you could see Halli look at George like WTF....why didn’t you foul.
They set a great screen on Bolton and that screwed it up.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
can’t keep running the same high pick and roll when Bolten was absolutely abusing them off the dribble

He was, but he did a horrible job of finishing. Made it too easy for that big guy to block his shots. Maybe pass to the corner? I don't know.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Literally a foul at the end of regulation away from a win. That is why people can lose their minds. There is no valid excuse for them not to foul in that situation. None.
Looked like Conditt was going to but got caught or hesitated.

My take is this team isn't good enough to get upset about these losses. Pick your battles. Fans can lose their minds when it matters.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
He definitely told them to foul because you could see Halli look at George like WTF....why didn’t you foul.
They set a great screen on Bolton and that screwed it up.

If George fouls him, he has an and one three pointer. George was too far away to foul until it was too late. Still, the dude banked in a half courter. Garbage.