"IT SUCKED": ISU suffers historic setback to Florida A&M at Hilton Coliseum

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Im not out to prove what Fran is doing is right, Im just saying, this Chippewa guy wants all this depth, but yet we had a roster of 12 players that year just like any other year.

So hes blaming it on 5 or 6 guys on the roster sucking so bad they couldnt even give a couple of minutes of effort to get the starters a breather. Thats some really terrible coaching and/or roster building if you cant even put some guys in the game for a couple minutes for fear of blowing a huge lead that quickly.

Are you seriously going to make the argument that Jordan Ashton and Hallice Cooke were the equivalent, or better then, Naz Long?

Because that's who were talking about here; that was our bench, unless you want to count guys like Brady Ernst, Simeon Carter, and freakin' Stuart Nezlek.

That was our roster that season.

Enjoy this moment Jers; you've been validated. Prohm just might not be the man for our program. I hate writing that, but after last night you just might be right. It's certainly a huge setback for the fan base.

Just as you keep on doubling and tripling down on the Sweet 16 season being a gigantic failure, even compared to the previous season with that abomination that was the UAB game, I'm going to keep on doubling and tripling down that you hated the Prohm hire from the moment it was announced, and that by extension you've always hated him. And guess what? You just might be right, at least in the long term.

You are not smarter than anyone else on here; please stop insulting our intelligence by trying to deny otherwise in what I've written above in regards to how you've felt about Prohm from the very start.

• Winner
Reactions: NWICY and isufbcurt

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Following up on my last statement, I have a gut feeling Prohm has 5 or 6 players each year that are "his guys" that he can trust, so he spends the most amount of time coaching them and getting them ready for games, while the others dont really know where they fit into this program.

You saw prime examples of that last year with Lard, LW, and Talley. Lewis seems like he fits into that category also.

Well if that's the case (I don't think it is), one thing you and I will agree on here is that really no one looked all that dialed in last night.

It's rare for mid-break game to look crisp and I would have expected a sluggish but 15ish point win with or with Haliburton, but once FAMU got it to nine, it was red alert all over.

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
Shayok was also substantially better under Prohm. Some of that was due to system change, but the rest was due to allocating his skills well.

Lewis is playing better as of the last couple games. There may be some improvement there long-term yet.
Would be hard to believe they could get worse. This team cannot get a stop. Combine that with poor shooting and this is what you get. Loosing three guys from last years team ruined this one.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Are you seriously going to make the argument that Jordan Ashton and Hallice Cooke were the equivalent, or better then, Naz Long?

Because that's who were talking about here; that was our bench, unless you want to count guys like Brady Ernst, Simeon Carter, and freakin' Stuart Nezlek.

Enjoy this moment Jers; you've been validated. Prohm just might not be the man for our program. I hate writing that, but after last night you just might be right. It's certainly a huge setback for the fan base.

Just as you keep on doubling and tripling down on the Sweet 16 season being a gigantic failure, even compared to the previous season with that abomination that was the UAB game, I'm going to keep on doubling and tripling down that you hated the Prohm hire from the moment it was announced, and that by extension you've always hated him. And guess what? You just might be right, at least in the long term.

You are not smarter than anyone else on here; please stop insulting our intelligence by trying to deny otherwise in what I've written above in regards to how you've felt about Prohm from the very start.

Sorry man, I just dont buy your depth excuse. Burton came in at semester right as Naz went out so that's a wash. They were already beating good non-conf teams like Iowa and Cinncy with him, and they beat Kansas and Oklahoma with Burton.

I just think it was a poor coaching job. That's really all I have to say about it, tired of arguing with you about 4 years ago, you keep bringing it up

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Burton was the 6th man on that years team in a sport where alot of teams get by playing 7 guys. Thats about all that needs to be said when you try to downplay that they were loaded.

Think about that for a minute, they had a guy who currently plays in the NBA as the 6th man.

You, yourself, said they didn't have post depth.

Yeah, Conditt seems to have a better offensive game, Mckay wasnt the same player in 15-16. It didnt seem like he was clicking with the coaching staff and he was playing extremely tentative because we had no depth in the frontcourt when he got in foul trouble.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Sorry man, I just dont buy your depth excuse. Burton came in at semester right as Naz went out so that's a wash. They were already beating good non-conf teams like Iowa and Cinncy with him, and they beat Kansas and Oklahoma with Burton.

I just think it was a poor coaching job. That's really all I have to say about it, tired of arguing with you about 4 years ago, you keep bringing it up

So, having 6 Big 12 quality players is a "wash" compared with having 7 Big 12 quality players. Good grief.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah, of the friends i have that go pretty regularly, none are going this year.

I've gotten Sling the past three years to see the ESPNU games etc. and I'm not even sure I'll do that, haha! Maybe just this month to see how things go.

Same with ESPN+.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Isn’t it kind of his job to cover it?

You'll have to ask him, I just heard his radio show Monday night and him and Jake Sullivan were talking how the game was a total joke and he wasn't even going to the game or reporting on it. Some of that probably had to do with the holiday, the rest with the opponent I guess.

• Informative
Reactions: isu81

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I've gotten Sling the past three years to see the ESPNU games etc. and I'm not even sure I'll do that, haha! Maybe just this month to see how things go.

Same with ESPN+.

You know, i hadnt even thought of that but now you're making me consider dropping the sports pack to save a few bucks.

• Informative
Reactions: isu81

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Get over UAB. That crap happens with excellent coaches all over the country.
Last night, and the program Prohm built, they don't happen.

bthebutcher

Sep 8, 2015
Yeah, but when you make up your mind to hate the coach from Day One (as jers has more or less admitted to doing, even if he denies it), you don't have to be consistent in your criticisms.
You keep going to this to avoid confronting legitimate criticism of Prohm. Give it a rest, man.

• Agree
Reactions: xboxfever

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
247 class calculator shows we would drop to 8th in conference, just ahead of West Virginia.

Yikes! Things are about to get alot worse before they get better I'm afraid. Next year could get extremely ugly without Tyrese. It might take another 2 or 3 years after that to get the program back on track.